Mama's birthday!

November 22th, 2010. Monday. New York City, NY.

Sofía's pov:
I woke up 10 minutes ago but I'm too comfy to get up. This weekend was cold and today the sky looks kinda grey and cloudy, but I can still see the sun. Today is a very special day, and Grandma and I have a lot of things planned, so she is picking me up after breakfast.

It's Mama's birthday! She is turning 26 and she has no idea of what we are doing to celebrate. I hope she loves it.

I get out of bed, grab Marble and run to Mama's room after also grabbing a drawing I made for her, it's she and I in central park. I jump on her bed and gently hug her while giving her little kisses.

~Momma... wake up~
~Why? When I can stay here hugging you~
~Cause it's your birthday Mama and I made you a drawing~
~You made a drawing? Can I see it?~
~Here, look it's you and I in the park~
~I can see that. Sofí this is beautiful, thank you my wormy, I love you~
~I love you too Mama, happy birthday~
~Let's go have breakfast~

I ask her what's her birthday breakfast and she says she wants cereal and a donut, so that's what we eat while sitting in the couch watching "The little mermaid". Half way through the movie someone knocks on the door.

~Who could that be?~ Mama asks while walking to the door.
~It's Grandma!~ I scream and run to the door, seeing Grandma giving a hug to Mama.
~Mom I'm very glad to see you, but what are you doing here?~
~I'm here to pick up my grandaughter~
~And... why and where are you taking my child?~
~Mama you are gonna have a morning to yourself and I'm gonna be with Grandma in the park~
~A morning to myself? Mom... care to explain?~
~You have an appointment at the spa at 10am, and then you will have at least two more hours to do what ever you want, we will se you afterwards, at around 2:30?~
~At the spa? Whose idea was this?~
~Mine! Now go get ready, we are leaving in 20 minutes~ I say pushing her to her room.

~

It's pretty cold right now, we are at 40° F (4°C) so we have to be wearing warm clothes, like long sleeves a d fuzzy leggins, and gloves and beanies. We drop mama at the spa and she gives me a lot of kisses before Grandma basically pushes her out of the car. 
~Okay sweetheart, where does your Mama think we are going?~
~The park~
~And where are we actually going?~
~Not to the park, we are going for her surprises!~
~Exactly, bit first we are picking up your auntie Vanessa, and we gonna let her drive cause I don't want to~

~

We first go to a store that has some shoes that Mama has wanted for a while but she hasn't bought them, so we are buying them for her!
Then we spend like 40 minutes in the car cause we had to come to Brooklyn to pick up the cake and the things for the party or dinner or both (I don't know exactly what it is) that we are having later. The cake is chocolate flavor with an almond filling and the other things are decorations and some other presents.
We are almost done when Mama calls to tells us she is going to buy some things and also going to the book store, she said it will take her at least 40 minutes to do that, so we have to hurry and get back to Manhattan,  good thing is the only thing left to do is pick up a painting that I chose and uncle Hunter said we could buy it.
The drive back was faster then expected, there was not a lot of traffic. We left aunt Vanessa at her house and also left the things we bought with her, so Mama doesn't see them. Then we go pick up Mama and she is already waiting for us.

~Hi sweetie, how was the spa and the bookstore?~
~Hi Mama!~
~Hi baby, hi Mom. The spa was great, I got an amazing massage, thank you for the present. And the bookstore went great as well, I gifted myself three books. How was the park?~
~Good, I almost fell and then I got cold so we went for hot chocolate~ I say making convincing that we actually went to the park.
~You have a very clumsy daughter Scar haha, but yeah it went great~
~So where are you two taking me now? Cause the direction we are going to doesn't get to my house or your house mom~
~It's a surprise, so relax and just enjoy the ride~
Of course I talk about random things the entire time and they carefully listen and laugh with me.