Chapter 97: Sports Festival (11)

Start from the beginning

Meaning, Bakugo just had to get closer to Neji and start blasting his face whilst dodging his boosted punches. It would be relatively easy to dodge since even if the impact is boosted, the speed of his punch shouldn't be much different than normal.

All this thought happened in a second, and by the time Bakugo finished thinking, he was already above Neji.

Bakugo's face formed a grin as his hands sparkled up, going to catch Neji's face.

"Die, you albino-"

He tried to finish, but he couldn't as Neji's hand slipped in the air and struck Bakugo's abdomen.

Bakugo's mouth went agape as saliva spat out, which Neji dodged with a tilt of his head.

"As I said before, nobody calls me that other than my sister."

He had actually never said so before, he just thought it in his mind. But not that Neji truly cared.

Bakugo without even regaining his composure blasted his hands and flung backwards. He dropped to the ground unsteadily as he felt his head dizzy. His vision saw multiple Neji standing which caused him to shake his head rapidly to throw the feeling away.

'...What was that?'

He didn't even see the punch coming, and nor did Neji boost the punch's speed with his quirk since there was no shockwave present.

'Is he that strong even without his quirk?'

Bakugo's jaws clenched.

'Impossible.'

Bakugo kicked the ground, blasting at Neji again. This time his eyes were firm as cautious.

He circled around Neji instead of attacking outright. Neji didn't follow his movements and simply stood in his spot with his head straight. This time around, he didn't have his hands in his pockets unlike in his match against Todoroki.

That gave Bakugo a strange pleasure of contentment.

'At least he knows who's actually dangerous and who's not.'

This gave a boost to Bakugo's courage as he kicked and rushed at Neji's back. His hand went to grab Neji's neck, sparkling with fire.

"Die!!"

His hand blasted, but it hadn't grabbed Neji's neck. Neji simply stepped to the right like taking a stroll in the garden, evading the attack.

Bakugo didn't seem discouraged and swung his arm horizontally at Neji's face.

However, Neji again stepped beside soft and casually, dodging the attack in the process.

"Guess I was thinking too highly of you," Neji said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"...You bastard!"

Bakugo's head rang in anger as he roared and blasted at Neji. His hand lit up, flashed, and exploded again and again, again and again.

Each time, Neji stepped at the right moment to evade the attacks. It looked as if a man was walking under a raining sky, successfully dodging all the droplets of rain by stepping away.

This was happening because of the <Intuition> sub-skill of his Eyes of the Lord. He didn't need to have the quirk turned on to have access to this.

"Stop dodging! Face me like a real man!!"

Neji dodged another one of his attacks.

"That sounds gay as hell, bro. I would rather not."