My head lolled forward as I felt the energy drain from me.

"Open your eyes, sweetie. You're doing so good. I'm so proud of you," they said, wiping my tears from my cheek with the pads of their thumbs.

"I don't want to," I muttered, not quite comprehending anything that was going on.

"Why is that?" asked the same soothing voice again.

A tear fell from my eye when the scene replayed before my eyes.

"We're right here. Rose is waiting for you to open your eyes."

I turned my head, so my face was buried in the chest, before I turned it back to the side and opened my eyes slowly.

I blinked, to get used to the bright lights and to shed the unwanted tears.

"Good." The voice said from above me. I looked up and almost shrieked when I saw Asher so close to me.

But I caught myself and instead tried to register it was just him and not Lucas or anyone who will hurt us.

I turned my head and saw Rose sitting between his feet.

My teary eyes locked with hers, as she wiped her tears away quickly.

"You- You saw that, right?" I asked, pointing to the opposite wall. My voice came out timid and just above a whisper.

"What?" She asked, looking at me with confusion clear on her face.

"Dad," I said. Her eyes widened as she shook her head.

My lower lip trembled as tears fell from my eyes again.
"He looked so real," I muttered, weakly. "It all felt so real."

I sniffled again, causing Asher to tighten his hold and bring my head back to his chest. He held my hand, which was still resting on his heart and squeezed gently.

After a long time of crying, I just kept my head there and stared at nothing. My hand would've lowered to fall on my lap again, if it wasn't for Asher holding it against his chest.

He was moving back and forth gently, rocking both of us.

My other hand, which was on Asher's side was rested on the floor beside him and behind me, because I was sitting sideways to him. Someone had intertwined their fingers with it, while rubbing the back of it.

There was complete silence, except for the occasional sniffle I let out.

"Is she asleep?" Someone asked from behind me. The deep voice was gentle and calming.

Asher shook his head, never stopping the rocking.
"Go to sleep, bunny. Close your eyes," He said, softly.

For some reason, I didn't find it in me to part myself from him. Even after getting scared from how close he was. I was scared of the lack of this soothing warmth I'd feel.

I turned my head to see Rose still sitting there, looking at me with tears flowing down her face.

Lucian was sitting behind her, his back against the opposite wall. Jayden and Damien were sitting against the same wall but a few feet away from Lucian.

I turned my head to the opposite side, to look over my shoulder that was pressed against Asher's torso. Josiah was sitting beside Asher, my hand in his. He was lost in thought, just like the others.

"Everyone's here, baby. Go to sleep," Asher said, softly, running his fingers through my hair.

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh.

~Aurora Rose Mazzanti.~

Asher kept moving back and forth, for a long time.