16. Apologies and Decisions

Start from the beginning

A deathly silence fell, almost suffocating.

"What are they deciding again?" Damien asked, stopping his spoon, so it hung before his mouth and lowering it slowly.

"If they want to stay or not. If Bunny wants to show her the bruise as a proof of abuse, they will be put in foster care."

"But you will stop her from putting them in foster care, right?" Damien asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I can but I won't," Lucian said, simply, not bothering to look at Damien who seemed taken aback by his answer.

He tried to say something when Lucian raised an eyebrow at him, indicating he had had enough of the topic.

Damien just scowled and started eating again.

"Do you two want to hang out tomorrow? We could go on a picnic, if you'd like," Josiah asked, leaning to my side a bit. He looked up at the opposite side of the table.

Jayden was muttering something to Rose, who looked up as soon as he finished.

"He's asking if we want to go on a picnic," She said, looking at me for an answer.

I shrugged, causing her eyes to brighten as she barely contained her excitement.
"She's going, so I'm going too," Rose muttered to Jayden and threw a sweet thankful smile my way.

I knew she'd love the idea of a picnic. We've never been on one since we were put in Lucas's care.

I waited for Rose to finish before standing up and rushing over to her side. I grabbed her hand in mine before walking to our room.

About five minutes into the web series Rose put on, someone knocked. I stayed silent and stared at the door.

Josiah and Asher would just knock again.

The door opened and Damien walked in. He turned around to shut the door softly before striding towards the desk chair.

I opened my mouth to say something when he cut me off.
"Don't tell me to get out, Bunny," He said, simply.

"Then leave," I said, making him turn to me sharply.

"I've had enough of that, Bunny. You're not even willing to listen to me," he stated, taking a seat. Rose tensed up and looked down, fiddling with the covers.

"I've apologized many times and I'll do it again. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did at the mall. I'm sorry I hurt you enough to leave a bruise or hurt you at all. I'm sorry for hurting Rose unknowingly, but it wasn't my intention to scare her at that time. I was simply apologizing at that time too for what I did at the mall."

"I don't care, Dexter," I said, gritting my teeth.

"Who's Dexter?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"She thought that was what Dex was short for," Rose said, remembering when I used to call him that when we were little.

'Where's your laboratory, Dexter?'

Apparently, Damien remembered too because his eyebrows raised.

"Anyways back to point," he said, shaking his head. "I just don't want you to punish everyone for what I did. Don't leave again because of my mistakes. It hurts my brothers. I don't want them to be sad. Don't make them suffer for what I did. I'm willing to stay away if you want," he said, almost pleadingly.

I just stared at him as he stared at the wall. Rose looked back and forth between us.

"Don't tell me you're lost in your own thoughts again," he gritted, when he locked eyes with me.