Chapter 69: 1552 Haunted House (1)

Start from the beginning

Xie Xinglan didn't say a word. It was as if he couldn't feel the cutting sensation and sharp coldness as he passed directly through the black energy and held the handle.

The black energy burst out in an instant and intertwined with Xie Xinglan's white hand. The black energy seemed to be struggling to death. However, after dozens of seconds, it retreated like a mouse into its nest. It didn't seem reconciled and the snake hissed from time to time. It seemed to be yelling threats but it was just a fake tiger.

"It's pretty," Xie Chi suddenly said.

Before he had time to be happy, a bit of worry surged in his heart. This dagger seemed to have been given to Xie Xinglan on purpose. Did someone know Xie Xinglan's existence? What type of mentality did they have when sending this gift?

Xie Chi was lost in his thoughts and Xie Xinglan frowned. "I don't like it. It isn't so obedient. It flatters and surrenders when you are strong. However, if you are weak and dying then it won't protect you. It is very possible it will take this opportunity to eat its master and escape. This is a small matter. It might actually occupy the master's nest and take the opportunity to possess the master. This dagger won't always surrender to its master. The evil spirit in it is cunning and evil. It is always looking for a way out for itself."

Xie Chi listened to Xie Xinglan's feelings and said, "Is it like decorating something already perfect? It will add strength but it won't provide help in our time of need for better or for worse?"

Xie Xinglan nodded. "Yes but I can feel that it is very powerful. It is good for temporary use but we need to guard against it."

Xie Chi thought about it. "I know."

Then the app suddenly rang.

[The Evil Spirit Blade has recognized its master. You have succeeded in binding the Evil Spirit Blade.]

[Applicable scope of the Evil Spirit Blade: All horror movies with spirit bodies, this includes but is not limited to ghosts, evil spirits, souls...]

[Evil Spirit Blade effect: The dagger is effective against spirit bodies due to the evil spirit. It will deal a certain amount of damage to spirit bodies. The degree of damage is mainly determined by the quality of the movie as well as other reference factors.]

Xie Chi knew that the Evil Spirit Blade couldn't be brought into things like zombie movies. It was because zombies were beings with physical attacks. The Evil Spirit Blade also couldn't be used in alien science fiction movies like 'Alien'.

The degree of damage was determined by the quality of the movie. This also indirectly showed that the higher the quality of the movie, the stronger the evil spirit. After all, the actor had become stronger. If the dirty things were still as strong as before, it would be too easy to break through. The balance went both ways.

Xie Chi sent a message to Yan Jing, After a while, he learned that the dagger belonged to the movie emperor he had heard about several times.

Xie Chi was a bit surprised but he had no time to think about what Shen Yi really meant. People who weren't on the same level could only guess in vain. It was because he didn't understand Shen Yi's interests. From top to bottom, the top would always understand while the bottom would never understand. It was because the bottom person hadn't climbed up and had limited information. Once Xie Chi had enough strength, all intentions would be revealed.

Xie Chi put away the Evil Spirit Blade. He dared to do so because he could afford to. It was just a weapon.

Six days later, Xie Chi joined the filming of the new movie. In the first three minutes of entering, the name of the movie was announced. The movie was called 1552 Haunted House.