Chapter 94: Sports Festival (8)

Start from the beginning

["And now, coming through the left entrance iiiss Izuku Midiroya!!"]

He stopped his thoughts and walked outside the dark tunnel. Immediately cheers surrounded him and Izuku gave a half-hearted smile.

When he stepped into the arena, he found Neji already standing opposite to him. He had his hands in his pockets and his smile was as wide as the sky and as bright as the sun itself.

Izuku smiled too and cracked his fingers.

"Good luck on the match."

He said to his opponent who gave a graceful nod.

"I believe you should be the one in need of luck, though."

Izuku chuckled under his breath and waited for Midnight to start the match.

Izuku couldn't use his Astral Repulsion technique without coming in contact with the target's body, so he planned to get closer to Neji and just touch him somehow, which will draw the end of the match.

Izuku all of a sudden regretted showing that technique in the last match, but Ida was an opponent who needed to be finished asap if he wanted to win, so he didn't have any other choice. Because of that, Neji would be prepared, but that didn't mean Izuku would lose.

"Alright, kids." Midnight said. "The match begins!!"

Immediately, Izuku ran towards Neji at a fast pace. He reached out his widened palm at him and then clasped it at a fast motion.

As if something clicked in space, Izuku got hold of Neji's 'aura'. He then yanked his hand back and Neji flung towards him in a fast motion.

Neji flew towards him as Izuku prepared to shove a palm on his midsection.

That palm will decide the game. If it comes in contact with his body, Neji's consciousness will be cast out. If not...

Neji's body reached Izuku's range in less than a second, and that's why no wonder Neji hadn't reacted yet. Because he couldn't.

Izuku's palm flung upwards, going at Neji's abdomen... but shockingly, it stopped mid-air.

An invisible force had caught his arm.

Neji still flew at him at a terrible speed, but midway, he simply blasted his leg once to get a hold of his poise as his feet touched Izuku's forehead.

Fury filled Izuku in an instant as Neji looked down on his face with his cold but bright blue eyes.

Then his lips moved.

"Boom."

A terrible force, as if being punched by All Might himself, hit Izuku in the forehead as his body flung and flew back metre behind, out of the arena, as his back hit the wall at the far end.

"..."

Midnight was about to announce the winner, but Izuku kicked the air and dashed back to the arena before his feet could land on the ground.

Frowning, Midnight exchanged some words in her earpiece and nodded to the two students as they continued.

Izuku took the defensive this time and waited for Neji to move instead.

Seeing this, Neji crouched down in his spot and placed his palm on the ground as a white half-transparent sphere appeared around his palm. He pushed his palm on the ground once... and with a deafening crack, the ground split and broke into multiple pieces.

Izuku lost his foothold for a second and before he could regain it, Neji's fingers started to dance in the air.

The pieces of the shattered ground lifted from the ground as if controlled by an outer force, and just as Neji shoved his fingers in Izuku's direction, they all leapt forward and hit Izuku who had yet to regain his composure in the chest.