Chapter 44: Changing Agents

Start from the beginning

It could be called another upgrade system completely. It was no wonder why the agents had to charge the actors. Based on this calculation, 5% was actually very generous. Of course, Zhou Tong's previous request of 50% was pure robbery.

The income of a low level agent wasn't high because most of the actors under them were cannon fodder. It wasn't bad if they could earn 10 points in a movie. Even if the agent demanded 50%, it would only be 5 points. This was why Zhou Tong thought about it before letting him join. He had 230 points.

Using this comparison, the income of being an agent was far worse than filming a horror movie himself.

There were also strict restrictions on senior agents. For agents with a purple title or above, they could only bring two actors at most.

[You have seven days to consider. After seven days, if there is no agent then the app will randomly assign you an agent to help you enter the next horror movie.]

Xie Chi sneered. The agent system was indeed unreasonable. An agent wasn't needed to give help for people like him. All he wanted was a direct connection between the actor and horror movie. The agent was like an intermediary between actors and horror movies, so he had to pay points to let the intermediary pick the horror movie.

Xie Chi's throat felt choked up. He... was an independent player.

There were seven days so Xie Chi wasn't in a hurry to choose. He returned to the study and turned on the computer to judge the pros and cons of the two options. Then the phone on his table rang and Xie Chi glanced at it.

[Your title is now blue and it has reached the standard. Congratulations on gaining your own office. The office has been set up last night and you can enter at any time.]

[The role of the office: You can send an invitation to someone you know through the mobile app. Once the other party agrees, they will be sent to the office immediately.]

Previously, Zhou Tong had sent an invitation to Xie Chi. Xie Chi agreed and immediately appeared at the door of Zhou Tong's office. Now Xie Chi also had an office and it would be more convenient to meet people he knew from the app.

Xie Chi wanted to check when he received an invitation from Lu Wen first.

Lu Wen: Xie Chi, Jing is also in my office. Are you free? Can we meet? Jing wants to tell you something.

Xie Chi had nothing to do so he clicked on [Okay.]

It was strange at first but he was soon accustomed to it. Xie Chi looked at the office that appeared in front of him and wasn't surprised. He knocked on the door twice and the whispers in the room abruptly stopped. Xie Chi frowned slightly and he felt a bit strange.

"Brother Xie, come in!" Yan Jing finally called out.

His voice was trembling slightly. He seemed a bit... nervous?

Xie Chi brushed away the doubts in his mind and pushed open the door. He scanned the room. The office layout of Lu Wen's office was exactly the same as Zhou Tong's office but it was half as small. The app probably considered Zhou Tong's agent status and gave him a bigger office.

"Fuck!" Yan Jing glanced at the door and instantly stared. Then he turned to Lu Wen for confirmation.

Lu Wen nodded and lowered his voice. "He is Xie Chi."

Yan Jing was dumbfounded. Yan Jing moved his computer swivel chair and sat beside Lu Wen. Xie Chi walked over and wondered, "Why did you curse?"

The face was infinitely magnified and Yan Jing couldn't bear it. "Brother, don't come over. Stand far away and let me slowly adjust."