𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

ɪɴᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪʙᴀʙʟᴇ

𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞-𝟔𝟐☆

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞-𝟔𝟐

Musutafa, Japan
Sunday, 12:13PM

Just as I was going over some sketches with mom, my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and low key fumbled with it until I had a good grasp. I looked at the caller id but didn't recognize it. I was going to decline until I remembered the number Hawks had handed me.

"I gotta take this." She hummed and response, allowing me to rush out of the room. I then answered the call, roaming through the more secluded area of the hallway.

"This is Y/N speaking." "Sorry to interrupt your weekend, but I need to come in." "Ok, no problem." "Great, I'll send you the location." With that he hung up.

I sighed, knowing my carefree weekend will quickly be no more.

I walked back into her office to see her sorting out some designs. I went up to the desk and told her I had to leave. She didn't really seem to question things, which is pretty normal in this household.

"Alright, just be safe. And text me to let me know you're ok. Also, bring Daichi." I hugged her hunched over figure, while giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Ok mama, I love you" "I love you too" I quickly said my goodbyes to Kenny.

Daichi grabbed my keys as well as his and handed me my purse, before we left. He let me know he was going to be following me. Giving him a thumbs up, we individually got in our cars and took off.

*timeskip*

I looked at the location on the gps, and noticed it was basically in the middle of no where. And after arriving, I was quite right. The place looked like an abandoned warehouse. I scrunched my face after getting out the car and looked around the deserted property.

'What am I doing? This is some white people shit.'

I wasn't about to be looking inside the building not knowing if it was secure or not, so I texted the man who sent it in the first place. I also sent him a picture of the location. He confirmed that I was at the right place and he also said he would come and get me. To which relieved me. I texted ma to let her know I was ok and put my phone in my back pocket.

I was leaning against my car, looking at the clouds in the sky. That is, until I heard some movement coming from the abandoned building. I pursed me lips for a minute, waiting for something to pop out. Finally, I saw the dude who invited me here.

"Thank you for coming Y/N- oh who's this?" He leaned a bit to the side to look at Daichi. "This is my bodyguard, he has to be here." I scooted a bit over so he could fully see him.

"Uh-Alright! Follow me." I locked my car and followed behind him. Not gonna lie, I was still unsure about my decision.

As we were walking, I thought it would be better to fill the silence. "So... I still don't know your name."

"Oh dear, that's my bad. My name is Makoto Tanaka." He turned his head around and smiled at me. He then turned back around and opened this door that had an elevator behind it. He did all these "bee boop" things and it finally opened. He moved out of the way and allowed me in, to which I thanked.

I stepped in and observed the high tech elevator. I had noticed the panel only had two buttons. "You'll have full clearance by the end of today, after I put you in the system." I nodded my head in understanding.

The elevator was silent, to the point where it was discomforting. After a painfully long 2 minutes, the doors finally opened.

I wasn't expecting the place to be so busy. And when I mean busy, I mean BUSY. People were on computers and others were speed walking around the place with a shit ton of papers. It almost looked straight out of a movie.

I was too deep into my admiration, that I didn't even notice Mr. Tanaka was already walking. Daichi nudged my lower back to follow. I quickly walked out of the elevator before the doors closed and caught up with him. I didn't want to get lost.

Following close behind him, I noticed the inside of this place was very modern like compared to what the outside looked like. Advanced technology and machines, everywhere you looked.

We walked around and through a secluded hallway that led to big metal, double doors. He did all his passcode stuff, allowing the doors to open with a big bang. He allowed us to go inside first, to which we thanked him for.

Inside, was another high tech room. There were monitors everywhere with all sorts of complex equipment. On those screens, were places all over the city.

It seemed to be where all the action really happens. Due to the constant beeping, flashing lights, and people with headsets. "Nomu spotted on ******* road!" "Abduction in ********** mall parking lot!" "Another sighting in ****!"

"This is where all the magic happens. We spot and find nomus in hopes that we can track them down to whoever is creating them. Or at least find where they're being distributed from."

*timeskip*

He continued explaining how things work around here, while showing me around the place. After a good 20 minutes, we got to sit down for tea time. And in the meantime, his guys were putting me in the system, along with giving me clearance.

"You see Y/N... there's also something I wanted to talk to you about." The mood quickly changed and the atmosphere darkened. I uncomfortably shifted in my seat as I sat the cup of tea on the small saucer. "Erm- what about?"

He had also sat his teacup down and pushed up his glasses. With a sigh, he began... "It's about your... deceased friend." The on-edge feeling that was chewing me up inside turned into complete dread.

'I already know he's gone... what more is there to it?'

I stayed completely silent, not knowing how to respond or what to say. He took that as his cue to keep going.

"Well we were able to find the remains of his body. Even though they were just dismembered parts, we were able to cremate them. And since you were so close to the victim... I would like to ask you to give his ashes to his family." "Oh." Was the only thing I could get out.

A young man came and handed me a small golden urn with Hikaru's name engraved on it. The cold material sent chills throughout my body. Along with the fact that I was holding what was left of my dear friend.

All of it seemed so surreal... as if it was all a bad dream. But now I knew for sure that it wasn't. And I would have to be the one to break the news to his family.

𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞-𝟔𝟐

I split this chapter in two, just because it made more sense.

edited
1212 words