Realization hits me. "So, last night and the night before you were with him."

"He's leaving tomorrow to go out of town for a week so we want to spend as much time with each other as we can." she says before placing a kiss on the tip of my nose and backing away from me.

OMG. This is too much. I turn on my heels and head back toward my room.

"I'm getting off work early today so I'll come and pick you up from school." my mom calls out to me before I disappear. "And we still need to have that talk about you getting detention missy."

I groan and rush to my room. I pull out my cell and text Shannon about Axel and she immediately replies with an OMG of her own.

I go back into the kitchen to fix breakfast before it is time for me to start getting ready. I shower and dress in a simple tee and jeans; I'm dressing down since I'm feeling a bit down today. As I comb my hair I get a text from Emery that he is on the way to pick me up.

My mom leaves ten minutes later and reminds me that she'll pick me up at three-thirty. I style my hair in a messy bun and grab my bookbag. I go outside and wait for Emery with a pout on my face.

He pulls up a few minutes later and gets out of his car. He gives me a sexy smile and approaches me.

"Good morning beautiful." he whispers and places a kiss on my lips. I can't help but smile at him when he pulls away from me.

He pulls away and walks back to the car. He opens the passenger door for me. I step to the car and flop into the seat. Emery closes my door and jogs around to the driver's side. Once inside he asks me what has me in a funky mood; he reads me like an open book.

"I don't want to talk about it."

He doesn't press the issue and heads to Shannon's house. She is waiting for us by the front gate and doesn't even wait for Emery to get out to open her door. She hops in the back.

"Did you tell Emery about your mom's new man?" Shannon blurts out.

I whip around to face her and give her the evil eye.

"I guess not." she mumbles and sits back in her seat.

"Your mom is dating someone?" Emery questions as I face the front. "Is that why you're in a bad mood?"

"I said I don't want to talk about it." I sing and fold my arms across my chest.

Emery nods. "Hey, I find out today if I made the soccer team."

I look at him and thank him with my eyes for changing the subject. I reach over to him and rub his broad shoulders.

"Of course you made the team. You played great yesterday and the team would be lucky to have you."

He smiles and grabs my hand. He brings it to his lips and places a soft kiss on my flesh. It sends shudders through me and that brightens my entire mood as I smile dumbly the rest of the ride.

Emery pulls into the school's parking lot and I notice him heading to an empty space but I groan as I see who is parked right next to the spot. Felix is sitting on his motorcyle and he is watching Emery's car like a hawk.

"Babe, don't park there." I tell him as he prepares to manuever the car into the spot.

"It's the closest one. You wanna walk further?" he reasons and parks in the spot.

I look out the window and see Felix smiling slyly at me. I turn back to Emery and he is killing the engine.

"What's going on with you and Felix?" he asks as he takes off his seatbelt.