SEVENTEEN

SERENITY
day nineteen

!warning!this chapter contains a minor sexual assault

!warning!
this chapter contains a minor sexual assault ...

I sat by the end of the table and watched as the people around me chit chatted and settled down at the table. We were all seated in the dining room located inside the pack house, where a long table filled half of the room.

We were supposed to have a dinner party with our guests, but two of them were late. David, the other pack's Gamma, seemed to manage just fine without his other two friends, considering him and Elias were becoming very well acquainted.

Kaden stood with Luca and Julie who seemed to converse with each other just fine, but I did feel his gaze on me multiple times. I stared down at the table, a clean porcelain plate in front of me, with my hands in my lap as I waited for the rest of our company to join us.

I just wanted to go home, to hide myself in our tub with lots of bubbles and steam, or to even curl down in our bed and get comfortable with Kaden and his wonderful warmth.

I nearly hummed in delight at merely the imagination of it all.

"Is something wrong, Serenity?" a voice suddenly asked

I snapped out of my daydream where I was cuddling safely with Kaden, and looked for the source of the voice, only to find Leo who had sat down by the left side of the table, near me.

He almost looked concerned for me, and it was a little odd to see him look this serious, but at the same time... his question made the heavy feeling in my chest... lighter?

I slowly shook my head— "No, I'm fine"

He didn't seem completely convinced by my answer, but nevertheless let it go.

But my short glimpse of relief was disrupted by none other than the two people we were waiting for. I barely even glanced at them as they greeted everyone.

Then, in the middle of cheerful greetings and laughter, the atmosphere in the room shifted. I wasn't the only one who felt it, since the whole room quieted down and stared at Sara and Leo. It was as if we were frozen in time.

With Eric's arm crooked with Sara's, an almost deafening growl erupted from Leo's throat. We all stared at him in question, but each one of us quickly understood what was happening.

They were each other's mates.

And Leo didn't seem to approve of another male touching his mate, even if it was her brother, but I don't think Leo wanted to realize that yet. She finally got to her senses and quickly shook her brother's arm off of her, and it seemed to be enough for Leo to calm down a little.