TWELVE

KADEN
day ten

 In celebration of spending ten whole days with Serenity, I had taken her out on our very first date

I had brought her to the restaurant my parents had invested in a long time ago, the one where you sat outside with ivies surrounding you and lanterns hanging over your head. It was the perfect place for a first date, or so I thought.

For it all started out just fine, the evening was going smoothly and we were having the greatest time, until something switched in her and the evening turned very bitter.

Normally, I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the one initiating conversations, but I was expecting her to at least answer me, for I believed we had come far enough in our little relationship that she at least had the respect and will to answer me when I was talking to her.

I tried to get some answers out of her, but I couldn't even get as much as a reaction from her that indicated that she was indeed listening to me. I was beyond aggravated with her behavior this evening, when all I wanted was to have a pleasant evening with my mate.

I didn't think I was asking that much of her. I only hoped that she would try and put a little more effort into building a relationship with me, but she hadn't given me much of it in the recent days I had known her.

Once I had closed the front doors after entering our home, I was ready to question her strange behavior this evening in particular, but she had already begun to ascend the stairs with gracious, yet angry steps.

I removed my shoes and walked after her with just as angry steps as her, if not even more. I loosened a few buttons on my white dressing shirt while glaring at her perfectly sculpted backside that was covered in a tight, black dress that showed off her marvelous curves and fit her just perfectly.

She was heading towards our bedroom, with me only two meters behind her. Once inside, she immediately began to remove her dress until she was standing in nothing but her baby-blue panties. At least she was still following her rule, regarding her not being allowed to take one single step outside this room while not being fully clothed.

As we were both doing whatever was included in our night routine in complete silence, I could tell the tension between us was loud enough to fill that silence in the room. She walked straight to our wardrobe and picked out one of my grey t-shirts, that fitted her down to the beginning of her knees, while I removed my shirt from my torso and threw it onto the foot of the bed.

I then continued on to remove my black dressing pants, until I was in nothing but my black drawers. After I was done brushing my teeth in our bathroom that was connected to our bedroom, she took my place in it and did her business in there while I moved towards the bed.

As I was making our bed unmade, I grew tired of this pathetic silence between us and threw the duvet back down.

"What the fuck is up with you?" I growled as I stared at her dainty figure that could be seen inside the bathroom undoing her styled hair