FOUR

KADEN
day one

 Once Serenity was free to leave the hospital wing, I took her home, to our house

Once Serenity was free to leave the hospital wing, I took her home, to our house. I wanted some time alone with my mate, since we hadn't had it even once ever since we first met.

I was growing frustrated from not being able to be alone with her, so I more or less scooped her up in my arms the minute we stepped outside the front doors of the pack house, and started walking towards our house while ignoring Leo's protests.

She clearly didn't mind my choice of action, since she giggled and gladly wrapped her arms around my neck and shoulders. Her innocent little laughter made my insides blissful. It was easily my second favorite sound in the entire world, her voice being my number one.

That's partly why I was being so incredibly frustrated, because the last time I heard her voice was at the waterfall, and that was over an hour ago.

As I took her to my house, I grew a little nervous. What if she didn't approve of the house I had built years ago for me and my mate to live in? Maybe she wouldn't like the location, maybe she would much rather live by the ocean?

Once we were there, I let her back down onto her feet and watched her reaction as she looked upon our house.

"This is our house" I explained as I stared at her

She looked up at me, and tilted her head.

"Our house?" she questioned, and that's when I felt my chest warm up by the sound of her voice

"Yes, ours" I smiled

It seemed like my smile awakened hers, for she smiled even brighter.

"I like our house" she said as she looked back at the house

If I was in my wolf form right now, my tail would be wiggling like crazy out of happiness.

"Would you like to go inside?" I asked, to which she nodded as a response

And so we did, we walked inside our fairly large house that stood with two floors. Once inside, she looked around with curiosity twinkling in her eyes.

"I'm not very skilled at furnishing or decorating, I figured I'd leave that part up to you once I finally found you, that's why it probably looks pretty... airy. Feel free to come with suggestions whenever, money isn't really an issue" I rambled on

I wasn't much of a talker, but it was pretty clear that neither was she, and I was almost scared of making things awkward between us by staying quiet, but I now realize that I may come off as annoying by talking too much.

Fuck what is wrong with me

She didn't answer me, she didn't give me one single sign of her even listening to me, which honestly made me even more anxious. This was not coming out the way I had planned to.