FOURTEEN

KADEN
day fourteen

 The air was calm, and the sun set high in the purely blue sky as we laid in the grass side by side

The air was calm, and the sun set high in the purely blue sky as we laid in the grass side by side. It was in the middle of a stranded meadow, filled with wood anemones all around us, as we laid on our backs, staring up at the blinding sun.

It was the end of June, when I decided to take my mate out for a little hike in the middle of the day. I had the day off from my Alpha duties, and I wanted to spend it to the fullest with my Serenity.

I was well familiar with every inch and corner of this little town that protected my pack wholeheartedly, which was how I easily impressed her each day by showing her something new and exciting to keep her happy here.

With me.

It was a peaceful silence between us as we searched the sky, deeply buried in our thoughts. But like usual nowadays; my head was full of her.

I turned my head to the side, to gaze at her as she enjoyed the sun on her pale skin, slowly creeping into her pores. Her blonde curls laid as a halo around her head, while her hands rested on her belly and delicately picked on the fabric of her pale blue sundress.

I would never get enough of her endless beauty, even if I stared at her in hours on end, I would never want to stop. It might have sounded incredibly illogical, but it was the truth.

She was so endearing, that it was risking my sanity, and perhaps even my health. But I was already addicted, and I refused to get better.

"You're so beautiful, Serenity" I mumbled in a complete daze as I observed her smooth features

I expected her to smile, or to at least enjoy my compliment, but instead she sighed.

"Thank you" she breathed without opening her eyes once

I couldn't help but get caught up on that sigh of hers, and repeatedly wondered why she reacted like that.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked, since it was the only way to silence my concearn

She finally opened her eyes, and eventually looked at me with those stunning blue eyes.

"No" was all she said, or more like whispered

But the distant look in her eyes told me that she wasn't telling me the whole truth.

"Tell me"

She stared into my eyes for a while, probably thinking over my demand, or perhaps she tried to find the right words to say?