THIRTEEN

KADEN
day twelve

Today, nearly two weeks later, I decided that it would be around time that I would start to ease Serenity into the pack

Today, nearly two weeks later, I decided that it would be around time that I would start to ease Serenity into the pack. I didn't want to host the traditional parties and events Alphas were expected to host when finding their mate, their Luna. None of those traditions fitted Serenity, it wasn't her.

After knowing her for almost two weeks now, it didn't take a genius to realize that she would absolutely loathe those big parties and dinners. She wasn't very fond of people in general, considering I had barely managed to get her to talk to anyone other than me. It would be difficult for her to just be thrown into one of those parties and then be expected to interact with every single one attending.

Actually, it might just be impossible as long as she didn't want to.

So instead, despite how many times my Beta and my brother tried to convince me to act different, I decided to avoid all those traditions and do whatever Serenity was comfortable with.

In result, I was taking her with me today to the pack house, where I would be introducing her as who she was to whoever came up to us. This would mean we were taking each part of her duty as a Luna slowly, step by step. I was minimizing close to everything about her position, just to make her comfortable and to fit her personally.

I had arranged for my brother to stay with her when I would have no other choice but leave for my office. He was the only person who she had ever even said one word to, and I trusted him, so much that I was ready to leave Serenity in his care for an hour tops. He didn't really protest, but nevertheless he still asked multiple questions about mainly how to handle her.

I advised him to not touch her, but wether that was for her sake or for my own, I would never answer. I also told him to not force any conversations on her or ask her too many questions, but knowing my brother, that would be incredibly hard for him to avoid.

I had warned Serenity in advance that Leo would keep her company when I would have to leave her, but assured her that he was harmless, only a tidy bit annoying.

I also made it clear that under no circumstances, whatsoever, was she allowed to leave his side, to which she only hummed in understanding.

The three of us were walking up to the pack house, where some gardeners worked outside, some pups played around with their parents keeping a close eye on them.

Although, surprisingly Serenity got distracted along the way. She was watching an elderly woman planting some flowers into the ground down by the windows and digging out weed. She wasn't just watching her work, she was admiring it.

I smiled— "Would you like me to introduce you?"

She snapped her eyes up to mine, and seemed to think over my proposition before she decided and nodded her head.