Chapter 44: Test (1)

Start from the beginning

The hero costume-wearing Nejire was on the chair beside me, pouting for some reason.

Ryukyu took a sip of her tea. "In case you aren't aware, Heroes go patrolling almost every day. But since you're here, we wouldn't be going there as bringing civilians with us would be illegal."

Oh no, sad. My main reason to come here was to go patrolling with them. What the fuck am I gonna do here then?

"You can look around the agency, I'd call someone to guide you."

Ah, well. That's a smart thing to do since she seemingly wants me in her agency after my internship starts.

"Ryukyuuuu~, it's fine! I will do it myself." Nejire stood up with her lips curled. "I am sure he'd appreciate it instead of someone else."

After a contemplating look, Ryukyu smiled and nodded. "Fine. Not that you're busy, anyway."

And so, my tour around the Dragon's Den started.

Which....

"...Erm."

Lasted 5 minutes.

"I am sorry, but there is an emergency." Ryukyu looked a little embarrassed since she had just said they wouldn't go out because of me. "A strong villain has appeared in the vicinity, the other heroes aren't able to hold him back."

In a city where a top 10 hero is present, the other heroes are usually low ranked to keep balance all over the country. So if a really strong villain appears, those other heroes let the Top hero know asap. This seems to be that type of situation.

Nejire sighed and turned to me. "Stay here, Neji, we will return soon."

Ryukyu stood up from her seat as I asked a stupid question. "Can't I come too?"

"No." Ryukyu rejected me the moment the words left my words. "I am sorry. I understand that you want to see a real Pro at work, but civilians should stay as far as possible from the villain, so taking a civilian there by myself would be unethical."

I stood there as Ryukyu walked away with Nejire who apologised to me for the last time.

Huh, I like you, Miss Ryuko Tatsuma.

Though I have to be a bad boy, miss.

Waiting two minutes for them to go far, I turned to the window of the office and rushed there. I jumped out and blasting away. This time I used weak shockwaves to not create much sound.

"Though it would be a little hard to find the villain without any lead..." Following Ryukyu might have alerted her, so I had to choose the hard way.

«—(★)—»

Boom!

Goto Imasuji punched the Pro Hero, Water Hose, in the face which threw him into the building in the distance.

"Heh, not so strong now, are ya?! Hahaha!" he laughed with his arms spread.

Water Hose is a water-type Hero, he didn't have a body that can handle the man's throw that's why he wasn't moving from his spot, proving his unconscious state. But this didn't mean the villain could celebrate yet – as he was surrounded by a bunch of Pro Heroes right here.