Chapter 34: Game (3)

Start from the beginning

Deciding to himself, he got up and went to the kitchen. 'Time to cook her favourite.'

"Pa- Pops, want me to help?"

He blinked, Kurai was peeking at him from the couch he was sitting on until now. Smiling, he shook his head. "It's fine."

She was fucking annoying in the kitchen. Still, at least somebody wanted to help him.

«—{★}—»

Evening,

Nejire was happy. She didn't know how well she did, but at the very least made a friend.

She was supposed to take the Recommendation Letter her parents wanted to get her. But she changed her mind at the last moment – saying this is more fun.

And it was fun! She got a lot of points, from what she could count. But what counted the most was that she made a friend!

He was a little gloomy… but it's fine.

"We are here, Young Miss."

Hearing Kimi's words, she zapped out of her mind.

"Oh-ah. We are here!?" She smiled. "Good work, Kimi!"

She laughed and walked out, skipping to the door.

Kimi realised how happy Nejire was. She hoped Neji prepared something to make her feel better, or her good mood might get ruined.

Reaching the door, Nejire raised her hand to push it open but stopped…

Should she smile like this in front of Neji? Or should she act cold like usual…?

In the end, she shrugged. It didn't matter. He was her brother, he deserved to see her smile.

She pushed the door open and walked in. The first thing she saw was Neji on the dining table, serving food while wearing an apron.

Did he cook for her…? And that apron… Aww.

Seeing her, her younger brother smiled. "Oh, you're back. And I was getting worried that the food would get cold."

He came and locked his arms around her neck… causing her to freeze. "How did it go? I assume you aced it. Though, did anything special happen?"

She looked at his arms around her neck with unreadable eyes. Touching each other like this was pretty normal for them before all this shenanigans with Kimi happened.

Is it still okay for him to touch her like this even now?

'Not like he has any perverted thoughts…' Nejire shrugged and smiled, wrapping her own hands around him.

"Oh, something special did happen. There was this guy named Takari(?), wait, no! It was Tamaki... I think. Anyway, he was about to get heavily injured by a Point-0 Robot- wait, you don't know what Point-0 robots are, right? Let me explain."

"Ehm."

Neji kept nodding to her as Nejire explained things to him. Meanwhile, Kimi entered the room and smiled seeing the two siblings acting normal.