Chapter 34: Game (3)

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Sis. Are you going out?"

Neji called, to which she stilled.

"Isn't today your entrance exam? Good luck."

A frown crept on her face at this. What unsettled her was the fact that he was still playing with his console while talking to her. The ‘tik-tak’ sound annoyed her.

Why? Did she not even deserve a glance from him? Was his game more important?

With a sharp frown, she opened the door. Then without even replying, she walked out where Kimi was waiting in the car.

"Hmph, not like I care."

She mumbled and walked in, grumpily sitting down on the seat. Maybe this was at least proof that her cold-and-hard-front is working.

«—(★)—»

U.A is far from Chiba city, the city where Neji lives. So it took around an hour for Kimi to reach there.

Just a few minutes after she reached the school and Nejire entered the vicinity, Kimi called Neji.

"Oi, you smartass."

-

_

["Why didn't you greet her properly? She was grumpy the whole ride."]

Neji shrugged. "Hey, I was playing."

["Her entrance exam is more important than your game. You could have at least looked at her face and show a smile."]

[“You do know she’s been acting colder than before after she ‘accidentally’ heard our conversation, right?”]

"Eh, I didn’t notice. I am tired from last night's 'adventure'. I almost died, y’know."

["Excuses wouldn't work when she spreads her legs for another man."]

"..."

["Take this seriously if you really want her. I know you're not an amateur, or I wouldn't be who I am right now."]

Neji sighed, shaking his head. "Fine. My bad. I will do something to make her feel better."

["You better."]

The call was cut after this, causing Neji to stare at the mirror in the corner of the room with a deadpan look on his face.

"Haiyahh, nobody comforts me even though I almost died, lost one of my legs and got bitten by Piranhas…"

He was not joking. He healed after taking a Health Potion, leaving only 3x more, but that didn't change the pain and mental exhaustion.

This made him feel a little sad. But what could he do? It's not like he can tell others that he goes to dangerous dungeons almost regularly for them to take his words seriously.

He shrugged. "Well, it's my great Onee-sama. I can comfort her even in this situation."

At this, he couldn't help but hum. Now, this wasn't something he planned, but he can work around with it…. Nejire has been playing hard for a while, getting to talk to her alone was hard enough. But this time, his indifferent act causing her to feel down at least proved she was still in a state where she was expecting a 'Good luck' from him. Now, this could might as well be just her sisterly-side, but he can work around with even this. This would at least give him a chance to break the ice, most likely.