Chapter 22: Wow...? (2)

Start from the beginning

"Kurai, stop." Neji finally snapped. "Do that again and see what I do."

First, Kurai flinched and jumped back. She was in the bed, from there her frightened figure soon changed as she growled.

"Grr... I, Kurai, am not scared of you anymore! Things won't go your way anymore, you old man!"

Neji blinked. Realisation soon sunk in him. He then raised an eyebrow as he cracked his knuckles. "Oh? A rebellion? Did evolving send you straight to your rebellious phase?"

"S- stay away!"

"Stop me if you can."

"Knya!"

-

'So... ridiculous.'

Neji sighed while looking down on the cat whose four legs were tied together with a tape covering her mouth.

'So this is the backlash System was talking about?' He expected the backlash to be an illness, not something that would make his cat mentally retarded.

'She wasn't prideful before, nor was she rebellious... well, except for when I forced her to bathe. There is a slight change in her personality, guess she is a proper beast now. But... she is too haughty, too energetic and too dumb.' Neji sighed. 'At least she isn't completely corrupted.'

"Mhhmm!! Mhmmm!!"

Hearing the Cat's muffled moan, he looked down. Below, Kurai was struggling to say something but couldn't do so because of the tape covering her mouth. Neji swiftly unsealed the tape just enough for her to spit out her words,

"Kurai likes mom more than you-" Her mouth was covered before she could finish talking. "Mhmmph!"

Neji deadpanned hearing her. He hoped she would be back to normal soon. He doesn't like her new snarky personality.

He prepared to cook some food and then call his parents; tell them that his room has been accidentally burned and he needs a new one asap.

He got up from the bed, but before he could execute his plan though, the door of the room Kimi was in cracked open.

"What's that noise, young-"

Kimi, who was rubbing her eyes, froze briefly. Her eyes landed on Neji who was covered in countless scratches with a torn shirt, she gasped seeing this.

Next, her eyes landed on the huge feline tied on the bed. "A- a Panther!?"

She abruptly turned her head towards Neji. "Y- young master, what's happening?"

Neji who had frozen on his spot too heaved a sigh.

"Kimi," he said. "Remember Condition number 1? Don't ask me useless questions."

Kimi looked at him baffled while blinking.

"Also, I am hungry." Neji turned around and sat back on the bed. "Go prepare food, do your job."