Creepers And Houses~

Start from the beginning

At the sound of his name, said miser enters the room and sits at the table, regarding the contractor with a cold look. "This better not cost much."

Since Pein and Konan told me that they planned to stay in my world, I made Kakuzu in charge of all my money. It's still in the bank but Kakuzu is in charge of making sure I'm not getting cheated out of money and paying all the bills since, apparently, it's the same as they do it in Naruto and I'm horrible at paying bills.

The man looks at Kakuzu, brows furrowing.

"It shouldn't stray much higher than what I mapped out earlier." I nod reassuringly.

Earlier, we'd sat down and added up all the construction costs using our books and different construction websites. Sighing softly, the contractor pulls the papers off the table and shuffles through them. "I can give you an estimate of roughly around one million five hundred thousand."

Kakuzu clears his throat, eyes narrowing into beady green orbs. The man stares at him for a few moments, fear slowly swelling up within his eyes, and laughs awkwardly. "But..with the discounts that I can offer, it will be roughly around one million for all six houses. Including electrical wiring, plumping, and air conditioning installment. Is that alright?"

I smile widely. "Hell yes. You, my friend, have a deal."

Kakuzu grumbles something under his breath and fashions a sharp glare on the man. But he doesn't see it, because the contractor's gaze is currently located elsewhere.

And come on. My boobs are not even that big! They're barely a freaking B-cup! Why the hell does he keep staring?!

"Do you have the property details?" The man's gaze barely flickers up to my face. "I need to know how much room we have to work with."

"She and her husband will have them for you by the end of the week." Alice intervenes smoothly, smiling coldly at the man. I blink at her choice of words, slightly confused, but when Kisame shoots me a hard look, I realize I'm not the only one picking up on the man's creeping. "In return, we expect you to have the time estimate for us. We would like to get this project done as soon as possible."

The contractor blinks and frowns, but nods after an encouraging look from Kakuzu.

The sound of someone bounding down the stairs echos through the house and we all glance over. Deidara enters the room, smirking coolly, and stops beside my chair, swooping down to give me a small kiss on the cheek. "You might want to come free the blonde twerp and Bushy-Brows-Jr. before Hidan kills them, hmm."

As if on cue, a loud, angry stream of curses sounds throughout the house. I look to Alice and she smiles slightly. "We've got it. Once you get that taken care of, you and Deidara can start looking for the property papers."

I nod and, at the sound of something shattering upstairs, jump up. "That sounded expensive..."

"HIDAN!" Kakuzu roars, slamming his fists down on the table.

"We've got it, yeah." Deidara assures the miser swiftly and drags me up the stairs with him. We get halfway up when Deidara slows down to a slow pace and I look at him confusedly.

Then it clicks.

"You set that up to happen, didn't you?" I deadpan.

He smiles innocently. "I don't like him, hmm."

I laugh and bump my hip lightly against his. He grins and slides his hand into mine. So Deidara got jealous of a middle aged loser staring at my boobs. Good to know I won't get creeped on anymore. We pass Sarah's room, where Hidan is sweeping up the broken shards of a glass cup. Naruto, Lee, and Gai are working out downstairs-which we can as we pass the balcony-in the family room where Kakashi is now reading and the girls are talking.

We still haven't changed the newer additions, and I explained to Tsunade why we haven't. At first, she wasn't too happy, but I slipped a little sake into her water and she cheered right up.

I hope the alcohol won't kill her...because she is a cat and all...

Instead of turning into my room, however, I drag Deidara to the locked door at the very end of the hallway. He doesn't question my actions, assuming that I'm taking him to the attic like Alice said to earlier.

Blindly, I stretch up onto my tip-toes and jump towards the top of the door frame, where a spare skeleton key is. Deidara laughs at my shortness and stretches up himself, easily locating the key.

I glare at him. "Don't make fun of me."

"I'm not, hmm." He kisses my forehead and I unlock the door. "At least...not out loud, un." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes.

The door opens and reveals a small hallway. Really, its like a hidden stairwell with a small spiral staircase that leads up to the large third floor that serves as the attic. I flip on the light and we carefully tread up the stairs. They're so old that they creak with each step and are coated with a thick layer of dust.

"If the dust becomes too much, I can send Hidan up here later." My nose scrunches up with the ticklish air that I breathe in.

Deidara simply nods. The stairs end and open into the large room. There isn't much up here. It used to be my great-great-great grandfather's office room, at least until the floorboards got so old and rotted that it was hard to walk up here. The floorboards have been replaced since then, but no one really comes up here. Large mounds of furniture dot the room, covered with ghastly white sheets and dust. Spiderwebs lace the ceilings, the walls, the sheets, everything and I cringe.

"Ewe." I whimper in disgust, shivering at the thought of being touched by a spider.

Something lightly trails up my arm.

I scream and whip around, smacking Deidara in the arm. Said male doubles over in laughter, eyes squeezing shut. I rub my arm hastily, trying to calm my racing heart, and glare at him. He'd slowly trailed his fingers up my arms! As if there was a spider crawling on my arm! Oh, I ought to kill him.

But then I'd be sad. Can't have that then, now can we?

Huffing, I twist away from the still laughing male and stomp towards the uncovered desk. But before I can take more than two steps, Deidara grabs me by the wrist and yanks me back to his person. His laughter softens into chuckles, which makes his chest tremble against mine. I scowl at him dirtily. "It's not funny!"

He starts laughing again, wrapping his arms around my torso and pulling me into him even closer. He buries his face into the crook of my neck, trying to muffle his laughter. "You're so easy, yeah!" He gasps out after a few moments between his laughter. "You should've seen your face, un! You looked like you were about to shit your pants."

I roll my eyes. "I'm glad I could provide some sort of entertainment for you."

After a couple more minutes, his laughter finally dies down and he straightens up.

But he doesn't let me go. Instead, he slams his lips against mine and dips me back dramatically, lips stretched into a wide, goofy grin against mine. I can't help but smile and kiss him back, letting him know he's forgiven.

We part and he chuckles. Standing me back up, we let go of each other completely and start towards the desk. I make him open the drawers-terrified of a spider popping out-and Deidara takes advantage of that. On multiple occasions, he opens the drawer with one hand and lightly trickles his fingers up the small of my back at the same time. He's also going to have multiple bruises, because every time he does that and I freak out, I end up smacking him in the arm.

Eventually, we find the papers, but not in the desk. They end up being in the large china cabinet behind some of the old porcelain dishes. Dusting them off, I quickly glance over the old fashioned writing. The plantation lot is around five hundred acres, a good four hundred used to be for farming and one hundred for the main house and stables and guest houses. The guest houses were demolished several years before I was born. Nobody had used them in years, so they were condemned and seen unable to be lived in. But I'd never heard about any stables.

"I guess we'll need to go exploring." I glance towards Deidara to see his opinion.

He merely shrugs, not seeming too upset over the idea, and we start towards the door.