STAY WITH ME

Priscillas POV:

May 31,2015 Poppa passed away.

When Jack left that night me and Poppa stayed up talking about any and everything. We fell asleep together. I woke up to nurses telling me to get out. At 10:47 am my Poppa passed away from heart failure. The nurses said i could go in and see him. I went in. It was the strangest feeling but I felt at peace. We both knew he was going so we said our goodbyes last night. I grabbed his hand and hugged him. I kissed his cheeck and took off the gold cross necklace he always wore and his glasses and put them safely in my pocket. I kneeled down to hug him one last time and kissed him.

There would be no funeral because Poppa said he would rather have people getting drunk and celebrating his life rather than mourning it. I smile at the memory.

I decide to tweet " thank you all so much for the prayers. My grandfather was the strongest,most wise,intelligent,smart,loving man there was. He passed away this morning but i know hes in a better place with my Nanny I'll always love you Rest Easy Poppa I'll see you again one day"

I drove back home. I got inside and went upstairs. I pull out his glasses and necklace and lay them on the table next to me. I smile as a wave of peace and comfort wash over me and i fall asleep.

I wake up and look at my clock and see its 6 pm. I go downstairs and hear a knock at the door. I open it and Jack is standing there with bags under his eyes.

"Hey" he whispers. "Hi" i weakly smile and move out the way to let him in. We stand there until he grabs my arms and pulls me into his chest holding my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his neck breathing in his scent.

He picks me up and carries me upstairs. We lay on the bed and i cuddle against his chest while hes grabbing my waist. "Baby im so sor-" i cut him off. "Jack, we can talk about this later. But Poppa really loved you" Jack smiles and his eyes get glossy "he was an amazing man" he says. Jack may be rude sometimes letting his bad boy side come out, and he might let his anger and jealousy get the best of him but we're all human and make mistakes. I don't know if we'll ever get together again but I do know he'll always have a special place in my heart. "I love you Jack" he smiles a real smile "I love you too babygirl forever & always" he says while pecking my lips and we both fall asleep in eachothers arms.