Deuce groaned again. "just... Hide and let me stay a bit with mom... The carriage is supposed to come this night..." the bluenette mused.

Deuce was sure happy nobody found about the 2 persons that he and Venom ate.

Deuce pov:

My last goodbye to mom before the black carriage came for me. That night I found myself in the infamous Ceremonial robes of NRC, in a group of boys just like me, ready to be sorted.

This is boring! When is our turn?

I grittered my teeth, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. Venom was in my hood, again whining, but only I was able to hear him. I had to keep silent because this would make me seem crazy. The crazy first year who talks to himself and gets angry with no propose.

I exhaled. Venom was bugging me the entire time, until I was called to step forward. Now I felt my confidence dissolve into air. My feet were like jelly, bearly keeping me on.

Come on, kid! Step forward!

"Move my feet to the mirror... Please..." I whispered. I heard him groan.

Alright! But you give me 2 chocolate bars after this!

I exhaled as I felt my feet forced to be moved towards the mirror. Thank god that no one would see it because of the robe. How would I explain why black goo was getting out of my shoes?

"State thy name!" the mirror demanded to me. I closed my eyes. I felt Venom slowly covering my cheeks slowly, a sign to hurry. "Deuce Spade!" I said. The mirror stood a few minutes. "The shape of thy soul is... A red rose... A burning passion.... HEARTSLABYUL!" Venom was took by surprise with the sudden loud tone, almost covering my entire face. I made a small step back. "Venom..." I whispered as I turned and hastily made my way towards the group of people with red pens. Venom retracted himself from my face fast enough so that nobody would see.

I saw a tall boy with green hair and glasses. He must be the dorm head...

Kid... Look... A Raccoon...

"no... Please..." I whispered. You won't distract me, Venom... I will be composed. No more alley cat dinners was made a reality... Now we hope no human eating. I don't need that trauma anymore.

This will be fun...

I felt my head jerked by that damn parasite to look. I was surprised for a bit. A Raccoon was brought in by the headmaster. Whispers and chatting of the other kids covered the headmaster's chat partially. But I still couldn't concentrate entirely because SOMEONE decided it was a good idea to chat about it.

That cat-Raccoon or something looks really plump... Maybe some seasonings would work? A great aperitive! Wha'cha think, Deuce?

I took in deep breaths. Come on, Deuce. Ignore the annoying parasite. You can do it! I closed my eyes shut, my fists too as I tried my best to restain myself. I need to go to that little free space in my mind.

Kid?

No more thoughts... Block the noises outside...

Kid?!

Happy place... Go to the happy place... So far everything is alright...

Fucking Deuce! Snap it!

I felt my body jerking and in a flash I dodged a blue fireball. I was scared by this. The racoon returned and it was raining fire over everyone. Students were screaming and running wild.

Now can we eat it?

"absolutely not... We have to run!" I mused. The said green boy was directing us outside. We all were squirming, someone shouting about their butt on fire and all that.