highway part 3

Vladimir........

What the fuck is Angelmarie thinking? Why the fuck would she run to them like an idiot?

“Fucking hell!” vasily yells into my ear. “What the fuck is going on?” Bullets rip into the trunk of the Lexus as I start trying to go after angel. God-fucking-dammit! Hunkering down, I look behind me and watch as the state police officers raise their weapons at me. Well fuck. I don’t drop my rifle, but this shit isn’t looking fun, “vasily, we’re all going to need a quick extraction get this shit settled,” I say into the comms, and try turning toward the Audis that are now revving their engines. Fuck it. I gotta do something or she’s going to get away. Standing up from the Lexus, I try to get a peek at the Audis. My view is mostly obscured by some big motherfucker holding onto angel with a breaking grip. I see hector fall to the ground and I can feel my stomach drop with him.

.

“Chief is down. We’ve got two state highway patrols screaming at us,” ivan says into the comms. “Damn them all to hell!” i yells.

“I’m currently trying to get them under control. Do not shoot them. Respond to their commands brother.” vasily says in my ear comm.

“Put your weapon down!” an officer behind me yells at my back as I watch my unconscious wife being shoved into the back of one of the Audis. “men!!!!, they’re taking your queen if she dies this city will burn,” I growl into the comms.

“Understood boss we will get her back,” manuel says in a cool, quiet voice. “Follow the officer’s orders brother.” “Fuck that!” I shout and start to raise my rifle at the Audi.

“Don’t do it!” a shout comes from behind me and I can hear a quiver in the voice over all the shit that’s going on around us. That quiver tells me that the officer is going to put a couple of rounds in me the moment my rifle raises enough to be a threat. Fuck. If I shoot now, I won’t have a clear shot of getting the driver and fucking Felix. Too many variables could go wrong if I try anything. I could be shot in the back before I have a chance to hit one of the car’s wheels. I could also a get shot in the back of the head. That wouldn’t do anyone good. Dropping the rifle, I slowly stand up from behind the Lexus. Motherfuckers.

I swore I’d never raise my hands again in submission to fucking pigs. “Kick the rifle away!” the officer screams at my back. The black Audis slam into reverse, trying to run over bullet as he stands in place, pointing the gun in his hand at the back of the Audi closest to him. Diving out of the way of the car, he’s as helpless as I am. None of us can take a shot without risking hitting angel or the police opening up fire on us.

“God-fucking-dammit. For fucking shit’s sake, get this shit straightened vasily or so fucking help me,” I shout into my comms mic. “I’m working on it right now. Do as they say for now,” he hisses. “Chief’s dead, confirming it now. It was a fatal shots to the head,” manuel says over the comms. I can see him from my view, but not what’s on the ground as the Audis tear away from us. Both heading away at a breakneck speed. One of the patrol officers starts shouting into the mic, but neither of them try to take off after the fleeing pricks. Fucking hell, this is just getting worse. I can’t hear what one of the officers is shouting into his radio, but I do understand what the other one is saying when he tells me to kneel down on the asphalt. My back may be to him, but he knows better than to have me turn around on them. I’m a big guy, there’s no way of knowing if I’ve got a gun in my waistband up front or if I’d smash their fucking heads in.

“Get the fuck down on the ground,” the pig yells at me. Shouting over my shoulder at him, I say, “The fuck I will, asshole. Go after the guys who started shooting people!”