highway

Vladimir....

It seems like I’m the one always getting out of bed first. Angel lays behind me, sprawled out on the bed in just a pair of tiny lace boy shorts. I swear she sleeps on her stomach like that on purpose. It’s like she’s begging me to slap that phat juicy ass of hers till it turns purple an pink. Times like these in the still moments before the death that’s to come, I feel almost sane. I feel almost normal. Maybe almost righteous. Though Murder and mayhem isn’t exactly the heavenly way. But I’ve never questioned my destiny. Never questioned the decisions that lead to the end of my rope. I don’t plan on starting it now. Ever since Angelmarie agreeing to be by my side she has filled that final piece I’ve been needing. Not that I knew I needed it. Ever since ive been in this game from child till adult living in Russia, I was dead inside. Rage was there in my body, but it wasn’t like it is now.

Now I’ve got a purpose to keep moving, to do something proactive with my life. I have someone I have to protect now. Someone I love and need to keep safe. Words aren’t always trustworthy. But when angel agree to be mine, to put not just her life but her very soul in the hands of my psychotic ass, i didnt just hear her say it i saw her mean it. in her eyes i saw all the doubt drain and nothing was left but the conviction to trust me, to belong to me, TO LOVE ME AND ALL MY INSANITY. To see that she truly meant it and felt the full bearing of those words. Her eyes told the truth, they showed the commitment we found with each other. Words after that were pointless. We’re in this together now, good or bad, together.

In The last few hours we’ve formed our bond at times fast, and at other times slow. We’ve alternated between acting like we’re on our honeymoon, to sitting on the couch speculating about what the fuck’s been happening in the our fucked up world. The tension at times has been palpable. Both of us want to be out there getting this fucking war started an get the blood we both live for flowing. We want the same thing, even if we argue about who is more bloodthirsty between us.

I truly believe she thinks its her, ill let her continue to think so. Moving forward what i do know for certain is  that this will end with ever Albanian slaughtered. They have been trying to take over my territory for more then 3 weeks too long in my eyes, even when we kick their asses at every turn its still not enough.

Daily reports from vasily and ivan are vague at best. Nothing’s happening out there. The Albanians and Natalia are bunkering in and keeping us guessing at their plans. It’s a wait and see for the time being. A vibration sound rattles my nightstand as I stare out the back window of the bedroom. It looks out into a large wooded area, and I make sure I don’t have any nasty surprises coming toward me before I turn back to the nightstand. The sunlight that guides me back to the phone tells me we’ve slept half the morning away.

“Who’s that?” angel asks, her face buried in a pillow.

“No clue,” I say before picking up the phone. Letting out a growl, I press the connect button. “Can’t fucking go seven hours without you fucking bothering me, baby brother.”

“Listen here, you fucking cretin…” he snaps out at me before letting out a slow breath.

“Aw, that’s all you got to say?” I ask with a grin. “Get to highway four heading east out of town towards the pier. We’ve got a hit on the license plate of Felix's car,” Vasily says.

Instantly switching from fucking-off mode, my brain rattles a question out, “What’s the coverage of the vehicle?

“One unmarked police vehicle with the chief of police in his personal vehicle are in a loose tailing formation. They’ll be joined soon by Detective Nikolai in another unmarked. Once we have enough men in the area, we’ll pull them over.”