Bonus Chapter - The Kim Brothers Want to Hit Someone

Start from the beginning

In his joy and appreciation, Taehyung turned around in his seat, Jungkook's lap, and planted a smooch right on Jungkook's lips.

Amidst giggles and smiles and many more kisses, it was yet another peaceful and loving day.

"Ah, yes," Jungkook thought, "so worth—"

Seokjin cleared his throat, "ahem!"

Jungkook turned over to the door where Seokjin was glaring at him, Namjoon stood there numbly as he had given up after 2 years of them being sickeningly sweet, while Hoseok was grinning brightly at them.

Unlike Namjoon, Seokjin had yet to be exposed to the couple's behaviour. With a gaze as if he was looking at his enemy, arms crossed over his chest, Seokjin was like an angry tiger.

And his prey was Jungkook.

Who was left alone because Taehyung finally registered that Kai was drawing all over the library, his next target the precious texts passed down from generations ago, and Taehyung had swooped over to expertly pry out the brush from Kai's hands and distracted him by carrying him and peppering kisses all over his face and then returned to sit in Jungkook's lap with the toddler.

Ah, right, the Kim brothers were visiting before they left for their duties again. Seokjin to the borders, Hoseok who would be travelling, and Namjoon who just tagged along to see if the king was still treating his brother well.

A large scoreboard caught the Kim brothers' attention.

Tae 5 : Kook 0

Five rounds of chess in a day? The amount of patience required and the number of butt cramps...

Namjoon gave it a bored glance and Hoseok ignored it.

Seokjin grimaced then felt a slight pity for Jungkook and also a hint of comradeship. They had all suffered the same way in the hands of the same person...

"Jin hyung, I missed you!" The culprit, Taehyung beamed and passed Kai to Jungkook before he threw himself into Seokjin's arms.

Seokjin embraced Taehyung tightly and what was he saying about suffering again? He's starting to forget.

//

Seokjin couldn't take it anymore. He shuddered, he looked away, and he wanted to close his ears.

They were out in disguise, roaming around the stalls at the night festival and he was tired of Jungkook and Taehyung flirting with each other. All. Night. Long.

How they could walk with them taking turns to plaster themselves on the other's back was beyond Seokjin and don't they feel warm? It was still summer.

Then, came the bickering. It had started innocently enough. There was only one thing Jungkook ever restrained Taehyung in and it was the same thing Taehyung never gave up.

Taehyung put down his teacup slightly forcefully, outraged, "we have the best physicians in the palace and physician Lee had been strengthening my stomach with herbs so why can't I order all of these?"

"It is still too much, love, why don't we try three today and come back for the rest another day?" Jungkook soothed and moved the dessert menu out of the way.

He then gestured to Beomgyu, who was their guide for the day and Jungkook stubbornly denied whenever someone pointed out that he did enjoy the boy's company, to lower his head and took the large sapphire hairpin from his hair and replaced Taehyung's cup with it, "don't hurt yourself, what if the cup breaks? Hit the table with this instead."

Hit the table with a sapphire?

Even Namjoon and Hoseok, who was no stranger to the couple's antics, were speechless.

Beomgyu, "..."

That's really expensive. And it's his, darn it.

Taehyung, his hand wrapped around the gem, "..."

Seokjin stood up, the sound of his chair screeching unpleasantly against the floor, and everyone turned to him. He opened his mouth and what could he say?

You're so doting that it's ridiculous?

So Seokjin instead said, "I'm going out for some fresh air."

"Me too!" Namjoon and Hoseok chimed in unison.

Everyone then looked at Beomgyu, who was sipping his tea and not at all uncomfortable being the third wheel beside the king and queen. Feeling all the attention on him, he said to Taehyung with a grin, "oh, nothing can keep us apart, I'll always be by your side, beautiful."

Jungkook retorted, "there's no need, really."

Soon, Jungkook and Beomgyu broke out into a childish argument and feeling slightly better that there was Beomgyu around to irk the king, the three Kim brothers turned, exited the private dining room, went to the garden at the back of the restaurant, and found some pebbles to kick around to vent the irritation in their hearts. Taekook just wanted to show off how lovey dovey they were in front of single people like them, weren't they?

Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok huffed. They really wanted to hit someone.