44

"Sounds fun

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Sounds fun. Then we will make plans to have dinner some other day. Lorenzo and I have a meeting to attend." Mom said while nugging my father-in-law whose eyes were on his mobile screen.

"Uh...Zeta. Your mother-in-law wants to boast her husband's amazing cooking skills in front of your father so remember to say good things on my behalf." Father-in-law uttered giving you-crazy-woman look to my mother-in-law.

"Sure. First I will invite you over." Being a daughter-in-law it's rude not to invite them and I have to trouble Vincenzo to help me learn the cooking skills.

"Of course." Mom squeezed my hand expressing her approval and our breakfast session ended.

Mom and I walked out the room together with Vincenzo and father trailing behind us.

"Zeta." Mom called when we had walk for a few steps and I looked up towards her.

"So how are you getting along with Vincenzo?" Her question startled me and a second later a huge smile plastered on my face.

"We're doing good." Actually, we're doing more than good.

"That's a relief." Sadness covered her face which soon turned into happiness which made me puzzled.

"With his ch-" Before mom could finish her words, father interrupted her.

"Honey. We need to take the elevator over there. Let's bid them goodbye." We halted in our steps and turned around to face the men.

"Have a nice day mom and dad." I wished showing my biggest smile and Vincenzo came to stand beside me.

"You too my dear." Mom pulled me into a hug and break away muttering have-fun and then father side hug me.

"Bye mom and dad." I waved my left hand while holding Vincenzo's arm.

"Bye-bye." Mom and dad said in union and we stood there until they got inside the elevator.

"Shall we?" Vincenzo said gesturing towards the elevator at our right and nodding my head we walked towards it.

"Thea will meet you here or you guys have plan to meet at another place?" Vincenzo asked pressing the G button.

"She will pick me up from here." It's been more than a week since we have last met so she might have many things to talk about.

"Oh." He muttered while frowning and I couldn't understand what's wrong with Thea picking me up.

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked when he didn't speak.

"Nothing. She seemed to be in hurry to meet with you." He sounded jealous as Thea got to spend time with me while he had to work hard in his office.

"Yeah. She seems to have something urgent to talk about." I knew her enough to understand her round about texts.

"You got an idea about it?" He asked looking curious.

"Nope. I'm clueless."

"But wait. Why are you so interested in our girls thing?" I questioned with a raise brow.

"Not interested. Just asking. You know.....I want to keep tabs on my cousin. Sorry for intruding your private space." He apologized looking sad and I felt bad.

"Don't be sorry. It's just... expect Thea I haven't talk about things with other person. And I'm getting used to be with you." Suddenly, I felt emotional and my eyes stinks making me to face the floor.

"Hey. Amore. I understand." He said sounding anxious and grabbed my shoulders making me to looked at him.

Ping. The elevator door opened gaining my attention and I turned around to looked at the opened door.

"Hands up." Just then a loud shout sounded with a girl pointing a gun towards us came in our vision which scared me to death and Vincenzo too was startled.

"Ahhh..." I screamed grabbing the first thing I could reach and I felt warm touch on my body.

"Hahha." Chorus of laughter erupted which die soon with a whisper of scary-cat.

"It's okay. Calm down." A hand rubbed my back in a soothing manner and slowly I came back to normal.

"Thea!" I heard Vincenzo shout and then I pulled away from his embrace.

"I'm okay now. Vin-" We walked out the elevator and stopped in front of Thea.

We were in the underground parking area where cars were parked in a orderly manner.

"Sister give my gun back to me." A young boy pulled the corner of Thea's tank top and he ran off towards the car parked at the side after snatching it from Thea.

"What the hell were you trying to do?" He scolded Thea who now was facing the floor as if feeling guilty and then she pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry. I did not mean to scare you. It's just..." She trailed off sounding down.

"It better not happen next time. You could hav-"

"I didn't mean to kill her. I swear." Thea hurriedly said while pulling away.

"What nonesense are you saying? Are you high?" Vincenzo looked pissed off and I, the affected one tried to mediate, firstly by intertwining our hand.

"Vincenzo. She didn't mean it. Ross. He is waiting for you." I tugged Vincenzo's arm while making him look at Ross who was patiently waiting for him outside the car at our right.

"But. Yo-" He tried to speak but I didn't let me say more and his mobile rang diverting his attention.

"Fine. Have a nice day and..." He trailed off looking at my eyes and pecked my lips bending down to my level.

"Miss me." He whispered above my lips and left leaving me dazed.

"Umm... Zeta." Thea's voice disrupt my dazed state and I looked at her.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me." She said in her sincere voice and I nodded head letting it pass.

"Alright. But what's with your mood?" Something didn't feel right about her and she seemed depressed.

"Ah that....." She drawled grabbing my arm and tugged me to walked forward.

"My Orse, he does not seem to like me. He only want to eat." She said looking sad.

"Orse?! Your cat." She had once told me that she had found something interesting and here and there banter about her pet.

"Umm..you can call that." She smirked as if she remembered something and then she remained silent.

"Here. Let's get in." We stopped near the black Tesla parked at the front row and I was about to walk to the passenger seat when...

"Shit. Where do I put the keys?" Thea yelled shoving her hands in her pants pocket.

"Hey. Watch out." Strong hand grabbed my arms and dragged me to the side in a swift.

It just happened suddenly that only after the car had passed us I knew that the car was about to hit me.

"Sorry man." The car came to stopped a few distance before us and speed away throwing the two words.

"Zeta. You alright?" Thea asked looking worried and I nodded calming my racing heart.

"Yeah. Thank you." I said looking gratefully at the man who had help me avoid the accident.

"Owen Salvin, the lover boy." Thea voiced out more than necessary.

------

Remember Owen Salvin?