37

"Ahhh....." I screamed at the top of my lungs while taking a step back.

What the fuck?

"Oh my God. I cursed for the first time." I muttered placing my right hand on my mouth.

"Shit.....Shot." Curses erupted in my mind and I felt a sense of crisis.

What the hell just happened?

Then I looked at my husband and saw him still crouching down while looking at the blood on his fingertips. He was in a daze as if in deep thoughts.

"Zeta. How can you be so stupid?" I berated myself.

What would Vincenzo think of me?

Will he be disgusted?

Dread fill in me and I paused for a second. From the corner of my eyes, I saw the man who was crouching down has stood up and was about to advance towards me.

"Yo-you get out," I yelled out avoiding his gaze.

Damn.

How could I forget about my period?

I just wished that the ground would swallow me up so that I would be safe from the embarrassment.

All the rational thoughts flew away and I was so damn shocked that I didn't know why I was overreacting.

I was not afraid when I had a period for the first time but now..... I feel utterly ashamed. I have never been in this type of situation and I don't know how to react.

"Amore. Calm down." Vincenzo said in his soothing voice while grabbing my arm.

"Don't move." He gripped my arms and made me standstill.

Then I remembered that I shouldn't jump around or else........the floor would dye red.

I furiously shook my head and calm down my anxious heart. Panicking would not solve the problem.

"Vic-" I was to speak when his hands touch my legs.

"Yo-you what are you doing?" I steeped back avoiding his hand.

"I will take you to the washroom." He said while trying to carry me but I turned my body sideways.

"No." I refused standing still on the floor.

"Fuck." I heard him muttered underneath his breath as if realization hit him hard and he ran his hand through his hair.

"You got to the washroom. I will bring the sanitary pad for you." He said hurriedly pulling up his boxers and ran out of the room.

Washroom. Sanitary pad.

That's what I needed. Oh! Zeta. What the hell has happened to you?

With one look at the floor where was a little droplet of blood, I scurried away to the wooden door at the side which was, fortunately, the washroom.

I sighed putting my hand on my chest and rest my back against the door. I take in a deep breath to calm down my racing heart and tried to recall the date when I had my period last month.

"Amore." A knock came on the door interrupting my thoughts.

"Open the door." Vincenzo's voice came from the other side.

I turned around the knob and opened the door. There I saw him holding a packet of the sanitary pad on one hand and my clothes on other hand.

Like I have seen a lifesaver, I hurriedly grabbed the things from his hand and closed the door in his face.