67

"Ross." Vincenzo called, making Ross put down his hand and pry away his hand arm from Owen's clutch.

"Phew." Avery let out a sigh and I dashed towards the door as I saw the doctors coming out of the operation theater.

"Doctor, how is my brother?" I asked or maybe shouted feeling agitated.

"You are?" An elderly looking doctor asked, looking wary.

His cautious look made me stupefied and I got stuck with a parted lips. It was my first time entering the hospital while I was not a patient and I had difficulty communicating with the doctor.

"She is his sister." Vincenzo answered for me and the eyes of the doctor changed that to respect.

"Mr. Dominique." The group of doctors echoed and the doctor from before walked ahead without the air of the head doctor.

"The operation was successful and he will wake up in 10 minutes. You can meet him after we shift him to the room." The doctor stated, making me sigh in relief.

"Thank you god." My anxious heart calmed down and I was grateful to god for keeping my brother safe.

"Mr. Santorini is lucky this time but n-" The doctor paused as Vincenzo raised his hand in dismissal.

"Doctor." I heard Thea called and I turned to look towards her.

"Ms. Rosewood, come with us." The doctor, understanding her, motioned her to follow them.

With a polite nod towards Vincenzo, the group of doctors walked away with Thea trailing behind. I was about to ask Thea where she was going when Vincenzo stood beside me.

"Let her go. She will be back soon." He said as if understanding my unspoken question and I nodded my head in acknowledgement.

The movement in the OT caught my attention and the ward boys pushed the bed out of the operation theater then Enzo was shifted to the V.I.P room. We waited outside for a few minutes to let the nurse set the room.

The few minutes were like the longest hours in my life and my eyes stuck to the room where Enzo was being shifted. I just wanted to look at my brother and a slight noise was making me feel nervous.

"You guys can go in." Finally, the nurse walked out and said with a small smile plastered on her face. Hearing her words, I rushed inside to the room where Enzo was lying down on the comfy bed with machines attached to his body and stopped beside his bed.

Tears slid down my face as I saw my brother's pale face and I couldn't imagine how much pain he might have endured. A single injection makes me cry out in pain and he had to withstand the pain caused by hundreds of needles.

"Shh.." Vincenzo, who had walked behind me, grabbed my arm and pulled me towards his chest.

His embrace soothed me and my racing heart calmed down. His presence itself gave me courage to fight out my insecurities.

"Zeta, he will wake up soon." He whispered while patting on my back like he was coaxing a child.

"Mhh..." A weak groan came from the direction where the bed was placed and I snapped my eyes toward Zenon.

Finally, my brother woke up but he looked weak and sick like a fragile beauty. His handsome face was morphed into extreme fatigueness and he was nowhere near to my once energetic brother.

"Zeta, why are you crying?" Zenon, my brother whisper yelled with utmost difficulty.

"Brother, I'm okay." I said moving away from Vincenzo's arm.

"You don't move around." I yelled, raising my hand to stop him from getting up.

"Yo-you made her cry." Avoiding my hand, my brother glared at my husband who stopped him from moving.

"Relax. Her tears flow for you."

"You made her worried." My husband answered back in the same tone as my brother had spoken and I wondered how they can be labeled best friends while they bickered like cat and dog.

"You guys are best friends?" I huffed in annoyance listening to their endless childish banter.

"Were." Zenon replied with a scrunch of his face.

"Now we are a family." Vincenzo added, which caused my brother to frown in distaste.

"Ow.." Zenon cried out in pain as he overlooked his injury and moved his body.

"Brother." I shouted with a worried face.

"Call the doctor." I urged Vincenzo with an anxious voice and held my brother's arm.

"Don't. It's a slight pain." He raised his voice and motioned me to stay calm.

"Take it slow brother-in-law. We ain't going anywhere." My husband said sounding like a caring brother but his words carried hidden meanings.

Whenever they met, they got stuck on this topic. I got that my brother has some dissatisfaction with our marriage but it's been months since our wedding and my stubborn brother couldn't move on.

"Brother." I called, sounding low and both of the men snapped their eyes towards me.

"Got it." My brother nodded with his lips pressed together as if he surrendered for my happiness and Vincenzo chuckled with a shake of his head.

"Hey, don't laugh." I admonished my husband to keep quiet and my brother snorted with a stern face.

Knock.

Knock.

The movement at the door caught our attention and there Avery and Owen were standing with a confused expression. They might be contemplating whether to enter inside or not.

"Guys, come in." I waved at them to walk in and they halted near the bed.

"Mr. Santorini." Owen called in a respectful voice and Zenon nodded in response.

"Mr. Santorini, you have to get well soon. Zeta was so worried about you that she almost faint-" Avery was interrupted mid-sentence by my husband.

"What did you say?" He asked, looking mad.

"Take her to the cafeteria. Zeta, I will rest now. You go and fill your stomach." My brother said with I'm-not taking-no-for-an-answer look and I comply with his request.

"Will be back soon." With that, we all get out of the room except Ross who was left behind to take care of my brother.

Vincenzo led us to the built-in cafeteria and ordered dinner for us. Avery and I sat down on the table and the men joined us with the plates containing our food.

"Thank you." Avery and I said at the same time and we started eating the food which consists of pasta, smashed potatoes with cucumber, radish and carrot as a salad.

Halfway through a circled shaped cucumber landed on my plate and I looked up see Owen motioning me to eat it with a foolish smile plastered on his face.

"She doesn't like cucumbers." An annoyed voice came from my right and Vincenzo picked up the cucumber, then devoured it while shooting daggers at Owen.

The rest of the dinner ended in silence and the men split the bill. It was quite late at night and I asked the siblings to go home but Owen rejected the idea.

"I'm her boyfriend umm.. boy friend. I should stay." Owen said, looking righteous but it shocked me.

"Boyfriend?" Vincenzo asked, sounding pissed off and I was about to clear the misunderstanding when he continued.

"Then what about her husband?!" Vincenzo snaked his arm around my waist and possessively pulled me in his embrace, claiming me as his wife.

"Husband?!" Now, it was Owen's turn to exclaim in surprise.