49

"Zeta!" Thea screamed dragging me behind

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Zeta!" Thea screamed dragging me behind.

"You mother-fucker." A gruff voice shouted from other side of the wall and loud noises sounded along with it.

One didn't need to go out and see to know what was happening as chair came flying towards us and sound of thrashing and breaking came along. I was hundred percent sure that the people across the wall were fighting.

It was not a normal verbal fight but something...... something brutal. Scream, cuss, shout filled my eardrum and I remained motionless.

"Those damn thugs." Ms. Riza yelled sounding frustrated.

"Thea. Let's get out off here." Owen grabbed my arm and dragged me to the door through which we had entered.

"Hey! Fi-" Ms. Riza was about to shout but we heard rushed footsteps coming from behind the door and we stopped on our track.

"Young miss!" Aunt Hana called standing beside me with a guilty expression.

"I'm sorry. I c-" I held her hand and stopped her from speaking further.

It was I, who voluntarily came here and I should face the situation.

"No. It's not your fault. Who knows they will start fighting?" I tried to squeeze a small convincing smile to assure her that I was alright.

"Still. I m-" She was about to say more but I cut her off.

"It's good to meet you after years. I had missed you a lot." I side hug her and talking with her lessen the anxiety that was brewing inside me.

"Ahh......." Someone whimpered in pain causing us to look at the source.

"Take this." A giant man with heavy weight punched the man who was on the floor.

"Shit." Thea who was in front of the door shouted and the next second the door opened with a bang sound.

I tightly clutches Aunt Hana's hand and Owen shielded me from the crowd by standing in front of me. From the corner of my eyes I saw men in black suit rushed inside with stern face.

And the giant man who was cursing and hitting the other man stopped his action. He glanced at the men and then dashed over the collapsed wall as if his pant was on fire.

The trashing and cussing sound intensified as the men in black suit joined the fight and
hopefully nothing came flying towards the kitchen.

With the arrival of the men, the small back kitchen looked congested and I stepped back to let them walk ahead. Little Pearl was in Aunt Hana's arm and she was quietly looking at the scene unfolding in front of her.

Nobody questioned nor made a sound while the men pass by and they too didn't spare a glance at us. I released a sigh as only one man, the last of 20 men passes by but he suddenly turned around stopping on his track.

"Use the front door." The man said with serious expression and walked away.

"The front door." Thea shouted gaining our attention and she walked towards us.

"Zeta." She called standing in front of me and I nodded my head at her.

"You." Thea turned to Ms.Riza and pointed her fingers towards her.

"Tell me where is the front door." Thea asked with an intimidating voice and Ms. Riza who was already upset by the fight, looked pissed off.

"Find yourself." She yelled out those two words and strode towards the door.

"Let's run." Thea said turning towards me and cocked her head towards the collapsed wall which was like a huge open door.

"You first. I will cover from behind." Owen said with tactic understanding.

"Okay?" Thea looked at Aunt Hana and then at me and we nodded our head after glancing at each other.

Then Thea took Pearl from Aunt Hana's arm and ran carrying her protectively in her arms.

"Ah.....let me go." We heard Ms.Riza pig like shout and Thea paused turning her head back with a face that says mishap-happens-if-you-do-not-listen-to-this-sister.

"Serves her right." I heard Owen snort in a gleeful voice and I ran grabbing Aunt Hana's hand as there were people coming behind us.

As soon as we crossed the rows of bricks spread out on the ground and entered the room, I instantly wanted to step back and walked out through the back door but shouts came from behind alerting us about their arrival.

The live scene of fight made the suppressed anxiety to surface and the hold on Aunt Hana's hand lossen. The loud scream block other sound and my vision got covered with either people beating mercilessly or people being beaten.

Blood was spilled on the floor along with lifeless bodies. The thugs, as referred by Ms.Riza attacked us as we were running pass them and Thea swiftly kick them with her leg.

Owen too was fighting off the thugs and Aunt Hana took Pearl back in her arms. Little Pearl seemed to be terrified as she whimpered while shedding tears and it broke my heart.

"There is the side door." Aunt Hana pointed towards the left side where we could see a metal door which was close.

"No. We must use the front door." Thea shook her head while dodging the attack from one of the thug who was holding a broken wine glass.

"Pearl baby. Calm down. We will be home soon." Aunt Hana tried to coaxed her granddaughter.

"Walk over there." Owen gestured towards the tall table and shielded us till we crouched down behind that table.

"Stay here until I come back." Saying those words he strode away in search of the front door.

In the midst of the chaos I felt hopeless and sad that I couldn't protect myself and became burden to them.

Luck was not with me as gun shot sounded and scene became terrific. Each passing second my heart beat acellerated and I became desperate to get away from there.

"Calm down Zeta." I chanted those three words for nth time and saw shoes in front of the table from the crouched position.

Thinking that Owen had came back I stood up abruptly and in front of me was not Owen but the shiny black object which we call a gun.

"Watch out." An oddly familiar voice shouted near my ears and pulled me away with a force which made me to face my life saver.

"Brother Ambrose?!" I voice out the name that crossed my mind and his face overlap with the man who was with my brother the other day while we were having a video call.

"You remember him?" Out of nowhere Thea, who was gasping for air asked with a look of disbelief and disappointment.