102

Vincenzo's POV:

"I will miss you so damn much Amore," I confessed embracing the woman, whose heart I had broken.

In life, we have to take decisions which will ultimately turn into our favor but the process to reach their will bleed you out.

Seeing her precious eyes turned red form crying and her pale face, hurt me more than the bullets that had pierced my body. I had vow to never let her cry, yet I became the biggest source of her miserable state.

I admit it was wrong of me to blindside her and kept her in dark of the world she would come in contact with if she became my wife. All due to my confidence plus my position as the head of the underworld that boosted the ego of mine of never letting her aware of the cruel world I have to deal with.

Time.

All I had needed was time to make her mine, not that she was not mine, but I want to own her everything, her heart being the main thing. And I had believed that the day was not far away when she would reciprocate my love for her, and I would introduce her to the world which have made the half of me.

But how wrong I had been!

It had gutted me during our time together whenever I would see her carefree pure smile without being tinted by the darkness of the world we are living, believing in every lie that I had to speak whenever situation threatened to remove my cloak. The fear of ever letting her know the truth had bugged me consistently and now that she knew about my hidden identity, I fear of her avoiding me like a plague.

The day when I had visited Santorini mansion to check on my consigliere, my now brother-in-law, Zenon, one look from her and I had been a goner. That day when our eyes had met, something magical puffed up, with my heart beating at a maddening speed and an urge to make her mine.

'She is your future-bride Vincenzo.' Mom's excited voice had rung on my ears when Zeta was just born, and I had held her in my arms.

While my mom and mother-in-law were looking forward to our marriage, Giovani Santorini, my father-in-law was against of such promise. He, who was born in a simple family denied of the marriage alliance and did not want his daughter to live the life of a mafia princess.

And his wish got fulfilled when that fucker Vito kidnapped her, and she had an amnesia. My little girl forgets her favorite person, me and the doctor suggested to isolate her from the mafia world. We then shifted to the United States, living among the riches while operating the underworld simultaneously.

At the age of 14, I took over small business and eventually became the mafia king. During my time, I came across thousands of beauties who threw themselves on me, but none pique my interest like my Amore did.

The once little girl who used to ran behind me grew up into a gorgeous woman who became the light on my dark life. And I decided to go against my family rule and proposed to her, letting her decide our fate.

Her one yes changed our whole world, and she became mine, wife of Vincenzo Dominique. To wed her I had to undergone war with Giovani Santorini and Zenon Santorini along with half of my men who were spectacle about me. But I win at last marrying the woman of my dreams.

"Go inside" I pulled away with much difficulty and reluctance then pushed her towards the entrance.

Sparing a last glance at my face with tight lips and broken heart, she walked away from me. Watching her taking each steps away from pained my heart and I could do nothing but face the fucking reality.

I hate to admit but at times I would think what if she was aware of the truth and our real identity then what her answer would be if I had proposed to marry her.

Would she say yes even after knowing I was a bloody criminal?!

How easy it would have been if she were to grow up in our circle and would understand our difficulties!

I did not know how many minutes or hours I was standing like a fool looking at the entrance with my thoughts jumping from one to another but revolving around her. I didn't budge until my mobile rang and the caller was my father.

With a raised brow and curious look, I received the call, placing the mobile on my ear. 

"Si, papa." It was not always I get call from my father and most of the occasion would be when he had trouble coaxing my mother. 

My father may look like a cold ruthless killer but for his queen, he is a clueless little boy. Thanks to my mama, my EQ is not that low as compared to my father.  

"Vincenzo! The Russians are on run." My father's stern voice entered my ears and my blood boil in anger.

"Fuck." I cursed with my eyes open wide and clenched fists.

"They are not to arrive until next week!" I muttered getting anger at no one particular. 

"Seems like a trap. You better be prepared to outsmart that bastard." 

"Meet me at the base in 10 minutes." With that my dad end the call and I dashed inside my car.

Igniting the engine with my eyes darted to the door where my wife had entered, hoping to see a last glance of her but failing miserably, I drove away to the base to attend an urgent meeting. Halfway through, my mobile rang, and I connected the bluetooth receiving the call.

"Boss. We have an intel." Ross's voice came from the other end.

"Castello's are in secret alliance with the Russians for two months. Angelic is caught red-handed." He continued after a pause, and I accelerated the engine driving in an insane speed. 

"Order Igor to marry the princess asap!" I commanded in a sharp voice with a dangerous smirk plastered on my face. 

Let them taste the fruit they had plucked.