46

"That damn Eric

"That damn Eric." Thea muttered, looking annoyed as Eric was giving seductive glances at her.

He was sited at the right corner seat with two row gaps, and he didn't bother to hide his intention. Talking about looks, Eric has a handsome face, but something didn't seem right about him.

He gave off a bad boy vibe, and the people sitting around him didn't seem like a good students. Almost all the students here are the second generation rich lads, but there are a few who are not.

"I swear if he didn't turn around, I will jump this instant and punch that motherfucker." Thea cursed looking pissed off and 99% truth contained in her word as she wouldn't brazenly beat someone who seem more powerful than her.

"Just ignore that punk. This brother will teach him a lesson for you." I heard Owen advise and I turned to him to see him looking smug.

"Brother?!" Thea scoffed, giving a side glance at Owen, and I stifled the laughter that was about to escape.

Mrs. Campbell was still going on with the roll call and I couldn't do the crime of interrupting her. Once she had a thing going on, then she wouldn't tolerate being distracted.

Rosalie Campbell is the old trustee and the most respectable professor of our University. Even though old age had hit her hard, nobody could shake the authority she has.

She might have some shortcomings, but she is among the most intelligent people in the world. But the disease she had caught made her the pitiful old woman.

The woman, who was once regarded highly by her peers and fellow students, is now the cause of irritation for many. She didn't have many months to live, so she is back to spend her remaining time in the University that she had regard as her second home.

"Hehe." Owen's giggled broke my chain of thoughts and I looked at him.

"Why? You want to make me your boyfriend, huh?" He said, raising a brow at her looking puffed up.

"But your day dream cannot be fulfill ah. Cause I have someone I like and I'm on the process of pursuing her." He said with a dreamy look as if he could already see his girl and him being together.

"Day dream, huh?" Thea said through gritted teeth and it's was quite comical to see Owen's scared face.

"No. No. Bad girl calm down." He leaned his body away from her and remained quite afterwards.

"Hey." I grabbed Thea's hand and stopped her from beating him.

And with a last roll call Mrs. Campbell wrapped up and after listening to the words of Mr. Lorry regarding the project we were free to go.

This time the students leave making a line and it was not crowded as it was before. I stretched my legs which were cramped due to sitting on the chair for how long and we walked to the parking lot.

"Hey. Let's go Pikin plaza to have lunch." Owen, who was tagging behind us said once we're about to get inside Thea's car.

"Ok." Thea said raising a brow at me and I too nodded my head.

"But Takar street." Thea changed the location and looked back at Owen to hear his answer.

"Why the street food? I have enough money to buy decent food." He sounded angry as if Thea was looking down at him.

"I know you're the rich young guy but I want Zeta to have the best steak. It's not everyday that she comes out to eat." With a last glance at him she get inside the driver seat and I follow suit.

I could hardly remember the days I had lunch outside and I had heard Thea talk about the famous Takar steak. Sometimes we have to try new food and I was excited to taste it.

Thea didn't wait to hear Owen reply and drove away from the parking lot. Just then my mobile rang altering about a text notification and I shoved my hands inside the clutch to take out my mobile.

I unlock it to see a text message from Vincenzo and read it: Amore, you having lunch? I miss you.😘
-Hubby.

When I read the last line I didn't know whether to feel happy or sad. We had been apart only few hours ago and this man was already missing me.

"Your hubby?" I heard Thea asked and I nooded my head with a huge smile plastered on my face.

Then I typed my reply not wanting to keep my husband waiting: We're on the way. You too have your lunch on time. Miss you too. ❤️

After pressing the send button I hold the mobile waiting for his reply but there was no response so I put it inside the clutch.

Then my gaze went to the rare view mirror and the car at the back looked familiar.

"He is following." I said looking back at the car which seem to have following us the moment we have drive out of the parking lot.

"I know that already. He can't hide his feeling well." I turned to look at her to see her smirking.

After driving around for 30 minutes or so we entered inside the community gate which door was rusted and was in bad condition. The door was wide opened without a guard.

Along the way I saw couple of houses of two storeys which looked worst than the gate with broken windows, door covered with plastics and worn-out colors.

The ground was covered with wild grasses which were not trimmed and pieces of  garbage were strewn in the road. After looking at the surrounding I came to the conclusion that we were in a worst part of the city where people have hard time living in this world.

After few minutes Thea stopped the car near a rundown place which looked similar to the hunted house shown in the movies.

"We are here." She declared unfastening her seat belt and get off the door.

"Leave your clutch here." When I was about to get out she said bending down on the window and pointed towards the glove box.

I pulled open the glove box and close it after placing my clutch inside. Then I got off the door and heard rushed footsteps from behind.

"Thea! What are we doing in the gambling den?" An extremely  infuriated Owen asked with a harsh glare and his words shook me to the core.