25

Fear crept in my body when I saw his ugly state and that man slowly tried to get up scrunching his face in discomfort. I so wanted to run away from there but my feet was rooted to the place.

Burly images came flashing on my mind and I felt intense pain on my head. I move my hand to hold my head and tightly close my head to get rid of those frightening images.

"Wuuuu...." The little girl who was sitting down on a dirty floor cried mixing her tears with the snots.

A large hand grabbed her tiny hand and a man with a creepy face came in front of her.

"Beautiful." He voice out in a lecherous way and the little girl sucked a air in fear.

She tried to pull out her hand but she could not fight with the man's larger hand.

"Aww.. Little doll is scared." The man cooed playing with her hair.

"Bad." The girl spat out while tears still flow out of her eyes.

"Bad huh?" The man asked soundig dangerous and a murderous glint flashes his eyes.

And the next second he laughed out loud like a maniac. Then the laughter emerges from behind and the room was fill with laughter of rough men.

"What did you call me?" The same man wh was laughing a second ago, exploded scaring the shit out of the girl.

The girl shiver in fear and the man squeezed her hand which he was holding with great force that the little girl grunted in pain.

"Le-ave." She croaked out a scrunching her face in discomfort.

"Not so soon little do...." The man has not finished his sentence when he screamed like a dying pig.

"Ahhhh......" He hurriedly let go of the little girl's hand and jumped rubbing his head.

"Boss." Anxious voices came from behind and group of people in black suits came forward to look at the creepy man.

"Which motherf*cker hit this boss with a stone?" The man roared like a mad lion and blood driped down his face making him look more villainous.

"There..." One of the man shouted when while pointing somewhere at the dark room.

"Catch that bastard." The man shouted making his minions to rushed towards the pointed direction.

"Come here little girl." The man said softening his voice but the little girl was so scared that she didn't move an inch.

The man waited for the little girl to come to him but the little girl remain motionless which shivering in fear. She mumbled something incoherent while looking lifeless.

Her face was pale and her lips were chapped making her look somewhat ugly. The man looses his patience while not hearing the little girl response and he gritted his teeth crouching down while extending his blood covered hand.

But before his dirty hands could reached out to her, a stone hit hard on the back of his hand and the man looked around to catch the culprit.

And another stone hit the man on his cheek and a shadow loom over the man. Then the man picked up a pistol laying down beside him and hit the nozzel.

A gun shot resonated on the surrounding and the disoriented images changed to the little girl who was crying hysterically shouting at someone. I couldn't see the face of that person but I felt suffocated as if that was the worst nightmare of my life.

"No. Get away." I muttered trying to stop that heart wrenching cry of that little girl.

As far as I remembered there was no such thing that had happened to me before and I have Hemophobia since childhood. So seeing the man covered in his blood had triggered me.

"Zeta!" Vincenzo shout came from behind and hurried footsteps were heard.

"Amore. What happened?" He removed the hand which was clutching my head and made me to look at him.

"I..." I managed to croaked out and a tear slipped from my eyes startling him.

"Hey! It's alright. I am here." He pulled me in his embrace and I placed my head on his chest.

His voice and the sound of his heart-beat helped me to calm down and I take a long intake of breath to get rid of the anxiety.

I am here. His voice rang on my mind fading away the evil thoughts and I hugged him tight as if he is my sanctuary.

"Zeta. Calm down." He rubbed my back in a soothing manner and sighed when he heard my even breathing.

"I'm okay." Few minutes latter, I pulled away from his embrace and flashed a small smile to the man who looked more tensed than me.

"Don't run away like that from next time?" He said with a stern face placing his hands on my shoulder.

"Hmm." I meekly nodded my head and the man cupped my face pecking my forehead.

"Stop there." A voice shouted from behind us and we heard hurried footsteps coming towards us.

Then I recalled the battered man who was laying on the ground and tightly gripped Vincenzo's arm making him to look back at me. He took my hand on his and stood in front of me while blocking the man's line of sight.

He was taken aback when he saw the man lying down on the ground and clenched his fist as if suppressing the rage burning inside him.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Vincenzo roared looking at the men who had just arrived and were panting to take a breath.

"Boss. This bastard ran off when we were taking him to the headquarter." A familiar voice spoke out and I looked up to see Ross standing in front of the man.

"Drag him out of here." Vincenzo growled looking menacingly at the man on the ground and the man shivered clutching his stomach with his hand.

"Roger that Boss." The men wearing black suits shouted and ran towards the man.

"S-Save me." The man pleaded looking pitiful and crawled towards me.