58

At one side the young couple's love was blooming and at the other end, Thea was having face off with the estranged woman who claim to be the person who had carried her in her womb for 9 months.

Moreover, in the last 19 years she had never seen her nor hear from her. Her existence would never have been disclosed if not for the loose mouth of an old maid who was had seen her grow up.

All those years she was sad for her late mother who had died while giving birth to her but the truth was far more bitter than the sadness she had felt when other children would tease her for not having a mother.

She had made up her mind and was accustomed with living with a single parent, her father, but on her 18 birthday the old maid who was sighing looking at the grown up young lady couldn't help but remember the beautiful maid who had once work with her and subconsciously blurted out the taboo of the Rosewood mansion. 

 Sebastian Rosewood, Thea's father had buried the truth since that woman had ran away and the carelessness of the old maid wash away the heavy secret of 18 years.

There is a saying that one truth is hundred times powerful than  thousands lie, so when Thea who was kept in dark heard about her mother she lashes out at her father whose grim face look more scarier than normal days.

That day, the heavy rain poured since the morning as if crying along with Thea would had always think of herself as a brave child. She had never shed tears even though she had to do hard training since she was 6 years old but that day she cried for the woman who never look back at her and feld for her life.

Or maybe the brave Thea cried for the innocent Thea who had harden her heart and made up her mind to never show weakness to others as once someone garsp her weaknesses then she would have difficulty surviving in this cruel world.

The echoes of laughter of the bullies, the mean classmates who talk behind her back, the sympathetic look of the teachers when her father couldn't make time for her school events.

All those pentup frustration boom, intensifying her suppressed angry. She screamed at Sebastian, the man who had provided her being both mom and dad and demanded an explanation.

The explanation which she thought she deserved to hear but no, Sebastian remained tight lip with a cold face. He neither reason with her nor speak a word to her.

But his calm look expressed the disappointment and dissatisfaction he felt for the ungrateful brat who grew up under his protection.

He had taken care of her since the time she was born and there, she demanded to know about the heartless woman who didn't want to care about the child she had given birth.

And the four words that left his mouth 'Like mother like daughter', which had rendered her speechless rings on her mind and that was the last time she had heard his voice.

After that day, her father avoided her like she is some kind of plauge which will infect him and knowing that curiosity kills cat, she dares to meet up with the stone hearted woman who came searching for her long lost daughter.

Lost daughter is not correct rather abandoned daughter, whose life and death was not her business to mind.

"Oh. Mia povera figlia. Guarda quanto sei magra? Quell'uomo senza cuore non ti ha nutrito abbastanza. (Oh. My poor daughter. Look how thin you are? That heartless man didn't feed you enough.)" Lexi took her daughter hand and act like an old mother who had met her daughter after a long break.

"Ma ora tua madre è qui, mi prenderò cura di te. ( But now your mom is here I will take good care of you.)" Lexi continued speaking epmty words of affection.

"Don't touch me." Thea threw away Lexi's hand as if being infected with virus and gave a harsh glare to her.

"Addestramento? (Training?)" Lexi exclaimed while looking at Thea with sharp eyes.

"Oh. I forgot that you can't understand Italian. I wi-" Lexi was pretending to be sorry when Thea interrupted her.

"Formazione? Sono molto più capace di così e non toccarmi con la tua mano sporca, cagna.(  Training? I'm far more capable than that and don't touch me with your filthy hand, you bitch.)" Thea rolled her eyes while  grabbing a napkin from the table and wipe the place where Lexi had touch her.

"Bitch?! Seriously." Lexi scoffed giving how-dare-you-call-your-mother-bitch look.

But Thea didn't give a damn to her and continue wiping her hand. Seeing Thea ignoring her, Lexi gritted her teeth and sat down on the opposite side of Thea.

"My little doll." Lexi called with a happy face and looked like an aggrieved mother.

"You know...." Lexi paused to look at Thea and seeing her wiping her hand while not interrupting, she continued looking aggrieved.

"No mother would want to leave her child and go far away from her. Mother loves for a child far exceeds than one can ever imagine and she will do anything to make her child happy. You, when you were in my womb, you never cause trouble for me and I did not have morning sickness which made me pass the day without running to throw up. "

"And I had a hunch that you are a girl, a sensible girl who loves her mother, so that you didn't make trouble for your mother. You do not know how I had to clean up house every day while protecting my belly and work for 2 hours more to complete the work assign for me. Being a maid was so  tiring job and it's more stressful when you are pregnant." Lexi sighed  recalling those days and looked towards her daughter who too look at her at the same time.

"Being a maid is tiresome so you abandon your child and climb on the old man's bed to be his mistress." Thea spat out with venom filled voice.

***********
Hello! I'm back with updates. My exams finished and I have a month holiday. 🎉Thank you for patiently waiting for the updates. Please vote and comment if you like the story.
Love you all ❤️