96

"Mafia?!" A mere whisper came out of my mouth numbing my whole system. 

"You're joking!" I shouted titling my head to look at his face. 

"Zeta, I love you." My husband's confession rang in my ear. 

Owen's face harden, his mouth opened and closed looking pissed off. Shaking off his head and taking in a breath, he tightly grasped my arm making me wince in pain, trying to put some sense inside my wrecked brain. 

"He killed my uncle Zeta." 

A loud gasp escaped out of my mouth with my eyes wide opened. My brain took time to processed his words and I kept on staring at his pissed face. 

The man's bloody face, whom I had stumble upon during our honeymoon overlaps with the photo of the man I had seen on the police academy. His hopeful eyes along with Vincenzo's voice buzz around me, making it difficult for me to breath. 

An invisible hand tightened around my neck closing the path of the air inside and outside of my body. 

Anxiety was kicking back in and I  suppressed the discomfort with clenched fist. 

"No." I did not know whether I was saying no to his words or in denial of not accepting the truth behind his words. 

"Zeta, we...you are not safe here. Let's get out of here first then will talk." His hand moves towards my wrist and just then some noise came from the far corner to our right.

I hate to admit but fear coursed my body and mind. 

"Zeta, this is your husband's property. How can you fell unsecure?" My heart chided me, it was first to reject any things against Vincenzo.

Never imagine I would have doubts about the man who had vow to spend a life time with me.

Oh, Vincenzo, what am I to do?

Helpless.

Hopeless.

I just wanted to wake up from this dreadful dream and opened my eyes to my usual reality. But I knew better to delude in the false hope.

Change.

I hated change all my life and now I sense a huge shift coming into my life. The life which had been all so perfect and filled with joyous moment so far. I had everything served with a help available every second and even though the memories before I was 10 was fuzzy, I had never felt this sad in my life.

"Do you trust me?" Owen's voice broke the inner monologue taking inside me and once again my eyes stare at his face. 

Do you trust me?' Vincenzo's voice outdone his and I hate to admit but I couldn't comprehend why I let Owen take off my wedding ring from my hand without any protest, watch his put in on the dashboard of Vincenzo's car.

And when realization hit hard, it was too late. I was already seated inside the Owen's car driving to god knows where. I tried to voice out words to take me back, to my husband who had made me feel nothing but safe.

'You sure?' My subconscious mind mocked me and tears slipped off my eyes.

Time passes away and I felt Owen grabbed my hand, helping me get off the car. I was not in the right mind to notice the surrounding so I let him walk me to his place. Once the sound of the closing of the front door sounded, a different kind of energy surge inside me and my brain starts functioning. 

My earlier doubts about my father's affairs which was a misunderstanding, rewind in my mind and a huge part of me was in a denial mode.  

Vincenzo wouldn't lie to me!