72

"Sit tight Amore." Vincenzo's serious voice bring me back to reality and the car speed accelerated making me to clasp the seat belt hurriedly.

"What's going on?" I asked looking bewildered and there was trace of confusion lace on my voice.

A second ago I was in a myriad of the emotional changes and now suddenly the adrenaline rushes up making me nervous. His abrupt change in expression made me feel afraid and my intuition told me that something bad is coming up.

"Some rich brat are trying to play with us." A mocking expression flash his eyes and it didn't sounded serious but I had a bad premonition about it.

"Vic-" I about to ask more when the car turned left causing my body to slide towards the left and I clutched the edge of the seat while trying to keep the balance.

"Endure it for a while, okay?" He asked rather informed while taking a glance at me and then his whole concentration goes back to the road.

A minute later the car stabilises and I took a deep intake of breathe while still clutching the edge of the seat I was seating on.

After managing to calm down my chaotic heart, my eyes went to the side view mirror where I saw two black cars which looked like SUV trying to overtake us.

Then I looked at the front and saw the long empty road where I couldn't see a single car in the close proximity.

"Afraid?" I heard Vincenzo asked trying to read about my expression while equally focusing on the problem at hand.

"Nope. I believe in my husband." A small smile crept on my lips and his tense muscles loosen.

It was as if a heavy load has been taken away from his body. I did not know why he himself was so nervous but nothing was shown on his face which made it difficult for me to know his actual thought.

Was he worried about my negative answer or thought I would blame him for taking part in the childish grudge?

From his words, those two cars must be of some spoilt rich brats who lived off his dad's money. Maybe they are showing off their immature skills or are stimulated by the dangerous substances. 

"Thank you for having faith on me my dear wife." He replied back with a ecstatic face and with a shake of his head focused on the road ahead.

A scene which usually occurs at the end of the movie, came to my mind where hero and heroine are chase by some goons and try to stop them by blasting the car tyres.

Boom.

Suddenly, a gunshot sounded followed by another and my mouth agape with look of disbelief.

How come my imagination came true?

"Don't worry. This car is bulletproof." Vincenzo's calm voice entered my ear and I turned my head to looked at him.

Gone was the joyous look which was replaced with a extremely serious face. My eyes travelled to his hand which were controlling the steering wheel where blue veins appeared due to the tight grip.

"I won't let anything happen to you." He spoke looking dead serious into my eyes and there were many emotion brewing in his eyes that I fail to read his true thoughts.

But one thing I know, he would try his best to protect me no matter what happens. The sound of gun shot increases but my mind was calm as if everything around me was okay.

I did not shiver in fear nor the anxiety hit me up.  I just had one thought going around my mind that was: how to get rid of those baddies as soon as possible and go home and have a good night sleep.

Alas, my wishful thinking did not came true and the villains were about to caught us.

Oh no.

I tightly closed my eyes to embrace the sudden attack but nothing happened. I waited for a few more second then my husband's voice sounded "You can open your eyes. Now we can finally go home without any hassle."

"Damn those motherfuckers." He muttered underneath his breath and I opened my eyes turning to look at the side mirror.

"Don't look. There are nowhere to be seen." The car turned a corner and I couldn't see them.

"Really?!" I questioned with curiosity as to know how did we outsmart them.

Its not that I think my husband is stupid but those villains had guns and how come they did not make the right shot?

"Its illegal." I mumbled while those gun shot rewind on my mind.

"What is?" Vincenzo asked looking confused.

"Guns." I asked sounding innocent same as a small child who just knew that guns are dangerous.

"Yes but they like playing them unlike my cute little wife who is a baby at heart." He teased with a sly smile crept on his lips.

"Everyone is baby at heart." I retorted with puffed cheeks as it felt odd when your husband regard you as a childish person.

"Yeah but my Zeta is special. She needs to be coaxed to have an injection, like to hug a teddy when s-" I couldn't hear him listing out my childish behaviour so I change the subject back to the ones who had exhaust us.

"Where did they go?" I asked trying to look out for those baddies while turning my head to the back.

"Hell." Came his reply.

"For real." I snorted with a shake off my head and adjust my position by leaning comfortably on the seat.

"Amore, tell me honestly, were you afraid?"  The car slow down and Vincenzo turned to look at my face.

"No. I was thinking about how to get rid of them. Fortunately you were able to drive them away in the right moment. Hope they will learn some lesson and try to minimise their thrilling activities."  I ranted out my thoughts with a sigh at the end.

"Good. But you might encountered them next time." I couldn't quite get his words so I questioned.

"Why?!"

"Cause our enemy is catching up."