I Don't Know What To Title This, Irene is dangerous

We partied hard and late into the night. And I was completely ashamed to admit I was DRUNK by the end of it.

Charles actually had to carry me back to the room, after the party.

And, I payed the price for my carelessness. I woke up with a pounding head and an aching body.

I sat up in bed, groaning at the migraine that pierced my skull.

Till I heard someone chuckle.

"I think you went overboard yesterday."

"Maybe. Is there any headache medication anywhere?"

Charles pointed to my bedside table where a white tablet and a glass of water was waiting for me.

"Aww thanks, Charles!"

I popped the tablet and gulped down the water, wincing at the taste in my mouth. I needed to brush my teeth.

As gingerly as I could, I hopped out of bed and headed to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth washed my face, and changed into a pair of black jeans and a Ferrari t-shirt.

Then, I pushed the door open and walked out.

"So, what's the plan for today?" I asked Charles.

He looked up from his computer.

"Uhh, so today we have to pack up and get ready to leave for this evening's flight. We're going to Monaco, remember? We agreed..."

My eyes widened.

"That's today?"

"Yep. Why the nervous face?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe, because I'm meeting your family for the first time?" I replied snarkily.

"Oh, Kim. There's nothing to worry about. You'll be fine!"

"Oh, sure!"

Arthur the awesome, had told their family about me and Charles the minute he'd gotten the news. So, as a result, Charles' parents had invited me over for a few weeks of the off-season, to do what all parents do to their child's partner... Evaluate for worthiness.

Leaving me a nervous wreck.

I sighed and started gathering my stuff from all corners of the room. If I had to pack I might as well just get to it now.

~~~~~~

Halfway through me arranging my suitcase in a neat, clean way (yeah, right. I just chucked all my stuff in), there was knocking on the door.

"Charles, can you get that?" I asked.

"Yep!" I heard the door open, followed by the sound of a six-year-old voice, greeting her uncle Shal, and an Addie saying 'hey'.

I looked up from behind my suitcase, to be greeted by a loud, "Aunt Kim!"

And a hug.

"Hey, sweetie!"

"How are you, aunt Kim?"

"I'm fine, what about you?"

"I'm good, too. Mommy told me you were leaving. Is that true?"

"Yes. Only for a few days though. We're going to Mauritius after that, remember?"

"Yeah, I know. I'll still miss you though." I picked Irene up.

"I'll miss you too, love. But we'll see each other soon, right?"

She nodded.

"I guess yor right."