We Return With A Bang

I climbed into the car, while Kymara waited to strap me in. FP3 had gone like a breeze, with a lot of shock from the fans, at my return. I enjoyed being back in the car again, and strangely flashbacks to the crash didn't bother me.

Once Kymara was done buckling me in, she checked my radio, and I was all clear to head out for Q1.

As the third or fourth car out, I got a fair amount of clear air, and set just my second flying lap at the top of the table, sending me whizzing into Q2.

Q2 was the same, ending again with me at the top of the table.

But Q3 is when things went slightly awry. I got slight understeer in my last corner, which resulted in a slow-ish lap. So, as a result I was starting third on the grid.

I'd have to work a bit harder than anticipated, but that was okay. I'd manage.

Fairly satisfied, I got out of the car and was welcomed by my team.

Everyone was happy, and shocked as well, but right now, I didn't really care. I was just waiting for tomorrow to arrive so I could race.

~~~~~~

I whizzed past the finish line after a really successful race, leaving me on the top step of the podium, with Charles in second and Lewis in third.

I drove around the track again, for the cool down lap, smiling as I heard the fans go crazy.

I pulled into the podium area and jumped out of the car, sprinting towards my teammates who welcomed me with open arms, and a lot of whacks on the helmet.

The fans had gotten wilder and louder, and the chanting was now bone rattling. Today, I had increased the gap for the championship. I was now 20 points in front of Hamilton and Verstappen and Ferrari was leading the constructors championship by 30 points.

The joy and ecstasy was so thick in the air you could almost taste it.

Mattia was happy, so the team was happy, so I was happy and so Addie, Charles, Lewis and Irene were happy, so... Okay, let's just go with everyone was happy.

I'm fairly sure my face glowed as I walked through the interview and podium trophy.

That night, Ferrari celebrated like the world was ending.