"What's up Mattia?"

Addie ran towards me with a grin on her face.

"What's up?" She raised her hand up for a high five.

"Nothing much," I hit her hand. "So, what's the plan for today?"

"Thought you'd never ask!" She grinned even wider. "Today, we're going to spend first half of the day with the cars. So, you'll get to see and test your car. Then, we'll have lunch, and after that, you get to meet your race and performance engineers and strategist."

"Sounds good! So when are we leaving?"

"Well, in about 10-15 minutes, before that, we have to go speak to Mattia." Her expression changed, to a blank one. It made me wonder what was going on.

~~~~~~

About 3 minutes later, I found myself standing in front of my principal's office door, alongside Adelaide.

She knocked.

"Come in!" Mattia shouted from inside.

I pushed the door open and the two of us walked in.

We were greeted by the sight of Mattia sitting in his chair with his eyes glued to his computer.

He looked up.

"Kim, Adelaide. Good morning girls!"

"Good morning, Mister Binotto!"

"Morning, Mattia. What's up?" Adelaide shot me a warning look. Okay, so maybe I wasn't supposed to speak to my Principal like that on my second day, but I couldn't help it, it slipped out.

I sucked in a deep breath of suddenly tense atmosphere, to calm myself.

And Mattia chuckled.

"Finally!" He said. "I was getting kind of bored of the 'Mr. Mattia' and 'Mr. Binotto'."

He grinned at me.

"Welcome to the family, Kim."

I smiled. Turning to Addie, she looked shell-shocked. I cocked my eyebrow at her, but her expression towards me said one thing in bold.

LATER.

Mattia didn't seem to notice our exchange. Either that, or he ignored it.

"So, what can I do for you girls today?"

Adelaide spoke up.

"We actually came to collect the passes to see the cars, sir."

"Oh right! Yes, I just got them printed." He opened his draw and rummaged about before pulling out two laminated IDs. He handed them to me and Adelaide.

"Here you go. Anything else?"

Again, Addie replied. After my slip up earlier, I thought it was best to just keep my mouth shut.

"No, sir. Thank you!"

"No problem! Have fun with the cars. Also, Kim it's fine to talk. I don't mind you calling me Mattia, and mistakes are accepted here."

I looked at him shocked, but nodded nevertheless.

He smiled at me one last time, and then Addie and I left.