Questions

Kim stared at the text, wondering how he got her number.

But, then again, he knew a lot about her, like the midnight drives in the Prema car, for example.

Comapred to that how big of a deal was knowing her number?

She stared at the text a bit longer, wanting to cry.

Why couldn't anything go her way? Why did everything have to be so complicated?

She shook her head, unconsciously, trying to rid herself of the tears gathering in her eyes. Clutching her head, she dropped her phone on her bed and left.

~~~~~~

Kim checked her watch.

6:00 am.

She had been up the whole night.

That wasn't surprising, she was always up the whole night. She never slept. Even if she did, she didn't.

The Nightmares...

They were always there. Always about the same thing, always watching them die. So, she stopped sleeping. It was a long and complicated process, but she stopped.

It wasn't worth it.

Kim touched the chain that hung around her neck. It was a simple chain, made from interlocking metal rings, a white pendant hung from it, engraved with the symbol of peace.

The pendant was fitting. It did bring her peace, even if it was only temporary. She knew that she'd have to get rid of it some day. But, that day would come. As long as it wasn't today, Kim was alright.

She got off the couch and went up to her room.

Opening her closet, she picked out some clothes.

A white blouse, black trousers and a pair of black ballerina flats, professional but comfy.

She quickly dressed and brushed her hair. She didn't put any make up on - she didn't own any- and went down.

She made herself a cup of hot chocolate, and poured herself some museli.

She always drank hot chocolate in the morning. She thought coffee was over-rated, and it made her feel sick. If fact, hot chocolate was literally the only beverage she could stomach in the morning.

She took her time as she ate. She could afford to, it was still early.

After her breakfast, having finally worked up the courage, she headed to the living room, picked up the envelope tore it open and began to read.

~~~~~~

After about an hour, and going through the letter multiple times, she stood up, grabbed her keys and left.

It was 8:45 now, and Ferrari headquarters was almost an hour away.

So, Kim got into her car, and drove off.