38 - Solace

...

"The peace and the warm place is not where, but who"

...

"Jungkook-ah, talk to me. What's wrong?" The mother says rushing after Jungkook who's rush walking to his room without caring of any of his parents.

Both Mr and Mrs Jeon are behind their child.

"Jungkook-ah, did mother do something to hurt you? If yes, I'm sorry. Talk to me please my dear" the woman tries again.

Jungkook stops right in front of his room, turning his back to meet eyes with his parents especially the mother.

"You met him last night so what did you give to Jin hyung?" Jungkook says, demanding an answer from the woman.

There's a pause to that before the mother answer the question.

"It was just a cake. Why? What's wrong with that?" the mother asks back.

"Was the ingredient for the cake has any relation with potato?" Jungkook asks again.

He is no longer crying but rather too mad for what's happening.

"It was made with potato starch. Why are you asking this to me?" the woman replies.

"Did you or did you not aware that Jin hyung has an allergy towards potato?" again Jungkook asks her. It was like a never ending session of questions and answers.

That's a new information to Mrs Jeon as well. She never knows about that, she just simply asked for the waitress in her cafe to pick the best selling cake that day to serve him.

"No I don't know any of that" the mother replies.

Jungkook closes his eyes at ease hearing that. At least his mother didn't intend to give his brother what he's allergic for.

"He had an anaphylactic reaction. Thankfully he was wearing his health monitor and it alerted the emergency care otherwise he wouldn't be here now" Jungkook says, tears filling up his eyes just by the thought of it.

It amazes Jungkook a bit that his mother has an expression on her face upon hearing what he says.

"At least you didn't intend to kill your own son this time" Jungkook adds up, sarcasm in his tone.

The father widen up his eyes hearing Jungkook's statement. He was eyeing Jungkook the whole time without muttering any words all this while but now that Jungkook brought up the sudden exposure, he is surprised for sure.

"I know. 25 years ago you abandoned a baby in an orphanage. Kim Seokjin was the baby" Jungkook states.

"He has SCD. I'm a compatible donor to him. I'm going to help him and you, mother-" Jungkook points out his index finger to her.

"never get close to my hyung again. I know what you've done to him. I hate you for that" Jungkook says.

His father is frowning in confusion.

"What did you say? That kid has SCD?" the father asks for confirmation.

It doesn't makes sense.

"You're my son, there's no way you're a compatible donor to that kid. How is that kid has SCD?" the father says again.

Right at that time, Jungkook pulls out a piece of folded paper from his pocket and throw it in front of his parents.

He doesn't target specifically but rather just throw the paper and leave to his room.