01 - Hell Like Home

...

"There's no place like home. You make yourself a home to stay, to feel loved, to feel appreciated"

...

Jin was growing old. No one wants to adopt a grown up child like him. People only wants to adopt a baby or a toddler, not like him a grown up child. At the age of 10, Jin has accepted the fact that no one is going to adopt him.

He is far older than the age people wants their adopted child to be. He didn't mind that people didn't want to adopt him.

He can simply just live there in the orphanage until he is old enough to live by his own. But, that orphanage is a horrible place. A horrible place to grow up. The keeper there, the person in charge of the orphanage is a horrible person with horrible personality.

When she is in front of the possible adopted parents, she acts all loving towards the children there but when there's no one there, she abused them. Them as of all the children who lives inside the building.

Even babies are not excluded. Jin is the eldest orphan there and he has like three same age friends but they all got adopted when they were like five years old and that left him alone as the eldest orphan there. He used to have a sister and a brother who's older than him but they are all got adopted away when Jin was four years old.

Never in Jin's mind he could understand how the keeper could abused them like they are all a doll to her eyes. Even the babies.

Jin was exactly eleven years old when he saw the keeper slapping a whining baby in her laps. The baby did cry though and Jin, being the reliable older brother there, he quickly took the baby away from the keeper.

He sets the baby at her own bed before he started throwing tantrum out of nowhere. Throwing tantrum was the only way to distract the keeper from the other kids.

He has accepted that he will grow old in the orphanage and he certainly didn't want the keeper to touch the other kids. The kids might be someone's precious adopted child in sometime later.

He didn't want the kids to get bruised or some sort of injuries than could potentially makes the potential adopted parents to back way.

Jin was once eavesdropping a conversation between the potential adopted parents and the keeper there hoping that maybe, just maybe the parents is interested in getting him adopted. Maybe, just a little hope but then he heard the parents mentioned the other kid's name.

No hard feeling though, Jin didn't mind he didn't get adopted by the parents, he was just hoping a little but somehow he was still happy that the parents showed their interest in that kid.

But then the parents started to ask why there's a bruised on the kid's leg and things started to go downhill after that.

Adopted parents only wants behaving children. The keeper lied to the parents. She said the kid was a little hyper active and hard to control sometimes and he ended up injuring himself by falling.

That kid didn't fell. She hit him a few days before the potential adopted parents came.

The parents started to hesitate about adopting the kid after that. Jin still remembered how their eyes looked like when they heard the lies coming out from the keeper's mouth.

Thankfully, the potential adopted parents still wants the kid as they grow fond of him.

Since that day, Jin knows a way to distract the keeper from the other kids. Throwing tantrum. The keeper will keep herself busy with him rather than abusing other kids.