15 - Warmth

...

"So bright the flame lit until it dies"

...

Taehyung blinks his eyes open a few times. He didn't know what time is it nor he has the idea of how he got to sleep last night.

Stretching his body for a bit, he walks out of the empty room, walking straight to his room.

Jin always surprised him.

And he is once again surprised when he sees no Jin in his room. The IV stand is still there which he knows Jin is already awake. He walks in rush to the bathroom thinking that man might be throwing up again and passing out on the cold floor only to find no one is in there.

Dashing out of his room, he walks downstairs expecting to see Jin in the living room nor the kitchen and of course there's no Jin there.

He needed to check his temperature and update Yulhee or Jisoo for that and now that he couldn't find him, he started to worry.

Not entirely sure of feeling worry of what but he feels worried for some reasons.

He rushes to Jin's room, and as expected he sees him in there staring deeply at his bag in front of him.

He is not even blinking his eyes. Looks like he is lost in his thoughts. Taehyung notices the trace of tears on Jin's face and he wonder what makes the man crying again after last night.

Fake coughing at the door, he manages to get Jin's attention in which the latter turns his head looking at him in his glassy eyes.

Taehyung walks closer to him, wondering if the man still feel sick or better.

He didn't expect Jin to shove something in his hands. He didn't expect it. It seems like a mini book but he pays no mind to it as he looks at Jin in confusion.

"I couldn't find the necklace, I'm sorry-" Jin says as a single tear fall when he looks at the floor instead of Taehyung.

"Is this enough...?-" he adds, looking everywhere but Taehyung or specifically looking at his crooked fingers.

His face flushes red. Taehyung is not sure why but maybe from the crying or the sickness itself.

"I didn't take it, I w-was only stared at it for a few seconds. I'm not a thief, I'm not a bad person" Jin says.

That words spins Taehyung's head to the fullest. People only works to earn money and Jin is the same too. He works to make a living. He shouldn't even work as other people did if he is indeed a thief.

He can make money whenever he wants by stealing if he is indeed a thief.

"I will take my leav-" Jin says as he stands up shakily on his feet with his backpack in his uninjured hand.

Whether Taehyung report him to the police or not, Jin has no way to defend himself. He didn't even have the money to hire a lawyer for that.

He hopes Taehyung will have sympathy to him.

But at the same time if he didn't is also okay for Jin. It is understandable as the necklace holds sentimental value to Taehyung.

Jin is sure he will react the same way as Taehyung if his necklace is missing too. The necklace that holds a sentimental value to him.

He has one necklace too. A necklace of faith, fate and hope.

Once Jin was purposely got left behind during a picnic day that his orphanage held. It was maybe two or three years before he run away from the orphanage.