22 - One Step Closer

...

"The fear of being wrong but the persistence of hoping for more"

...

"I talked with him just now. You know what? Apparently he is a liar and I don't appreciate you to be close to this person" MinAh says her inner thoughts.

"What? A liar?" Jin asks as he looks at Jungkook turning red maybe from the embarrassment.

"He said he is your brother. I don't remember us having a brother" MinAh replies.

Jin laughs. Aw, did Jungkook really said that he is his brother? What a sweet man. Jin feels touched.

"No-I mean yes if you want to be my brother-" Jin laughs, still finding the situation way too funny.

"Sorry hyung" Jungkook replies sheepishly embarrassed.

"Don't be, I'm glad that you're my brother" Jin says, he didn't diss nor make fun of Jungkook in which Jungkook appreciates it so much.

"I got a new job, Jungkook is a friend of my employer" Jin explains to MinAh.

She keeps looking at Jungkook, judging the young man with her stares. After awhile of being judgemental in her own head, MinAh finally changed to be a warm person she is.

"Sorry for doubting you, but I'm not wrong, you indeed lied to me-" MinAh starts her words as she talks to Jungkook stopping for a second when Jin glares at her.

"Anyway why are you still here?" she asks Jungkook.

Of course, all this while, while Jin was getting the blood transfusion for years, Jin always came alone, now that he is with a companion, MinAh questions the person instead.

"Don't be so harsh on him. He gets me here safe and sound, as a whole too. Right-?" Jin says somehow he sounds like he is not convinced with his own words.

He actually looks at his hands and his legs just to make sure all ten of his fingers are still attached to his hands and his two legs are still there, moving.

Once he confirmed it, he continues his words.

"He gets me here. After all, I should be thanking him" Jin replies.

"Okay, okay I get it. You lay here for another two hours and let's see if everything is alright after that. I will give you an okay to leave this place if everything is alright" MinAh says.

Two hours passed, MinAh comes back and asks him a few questions before finally giving him a green light to leave the hospital.

Once they are about to leave the hospital, MinAh presses her words.

"You're way too late for the transfusion. I don't want such things to be happened again in the future" MinAh says.

"Got it" Jin replies.

They both part ways. As Jungkook and Jin are now in the car driving away from the hospital building, Jungkook asks him out of curiosity.

"What are the blood transfusion for? Do you always get it hyung?" Jungkook asks.

"Sort of" Jin replies after that.

He sounds like he didn't like the topic of their conversation so Jungkook doesn't push the topic. He changed it into another topic. About MinAh.

"Who is that noona hyung? She scared me with her glares" Jungkook asks.

"MinAh noona? She is my sister" Jin chuckles.