16 - Rift

...

"You'll realise a lot once you distance yourself"

...

"I will come back for you okay. I promise" she signed.

Jin looked like he wasn't convinced enough. Of course, the poor boy probably has hurt a lot by fake promises of the potential adoptive parents who took interest at him in the first place but later didn't ended up adopting him.

She took off the necklace she's wearing before wearing it on Jin. It hanged perfectly on the boy's neck.

"This necklace is important to me. It is really important to me. I will come back for you and for this-" she signed in which Jin's eyes locked onto the beautiful necklace hanging around his neck.

"My promise is with you, with this necklace. It is the only one in this world, this necklace is. Just like my promise to you. Take care of it. I will come back for you-" she added.

"I will wait for you. I will take care of this necklace so you will be back to take me out of this building" Jin replied.

The reply somehow saddened the young woman. It was like the poor boy is so desperate to be out of that place and he is willing to do anything for it.

And in that situation, he will take care of the promise-necklace.

Hugging the small boy in her arms for a moment, she then let go of him.

They part ways but both her heart and Jin's heart were heavy. It is insane to say that in span of hours, not even a day, they both have become attached to each other.

And Jin waited for her. He waited for her for years but she never come back as she promised to. Each years Jin grew up, he loses hope a little by little until he decided himself that no one is going to help him out from the orphanage unless he did it himself. So, in the end he ran away from the orphanage building.

Even if Hyekyung didn't come to adopt him, Jin still wished he could see her somewhere, anywhere.

He wants to thank her for cheering him up on that day he was left behind. He wants her to know that her words that day gives him hope, false or not he did actually hope for the positive things that day.

Ultimately, he wants to give her back the necklace. He still remembers when she said that it's the only one exist which for sure means that the necklace must be customised only for her and not anyone else.

Jin wouldn't be surprised if this necklace to be exact did cost a lot because judging by the look of it, he could tell it is expensive.

Maybe one day, after he settled everything he will get the chance to find her, to meet her again and gives the necklace back to her.

He wants to see her again.

Jin takes a few steps ahead before Taehyung blocks his only way out of the room.

"Where do-" he hears Taehyung says but it feels like he was underwater.

All hell break loose and it is his third time passing out.

That is it. No more. Taehyung manages to grab him protecting his head from hitting the floor. He sets Jin's head onto the pillow and run to his room to grab his belongings.

Taehyung is sure Jin is not just having a fever, it must be more than that. It must be something and he needs to get check out at the hospital.

Jin fainted thrice in the span of two days and that didn't seems normal to Taehyung. After managing to grab his phone and car keys he lifted Jin up in his arms and rush to his car.