08 - Chance On

...

"One was in ego, another one was in hope"

...

It didn't get Jin so long to clean up the living room. Right after he finished cleaning up the living room, he went to the laundry room to run the dryer for the bedsheet that he just washed from Taehyung's room.

Yes, Jin already learned of how to use the dryer. What a move after what it seems like a few weeks.

He was putting the damp bedsheet into the dryer when suddenly he heard Taehyung shouting for him while coming downstairs.

Jin thought he was calling someone else or talking to the phone as Taehyung used to shout at someone on the phone.

Poor man got scolded over something by Taehyung.

So when he hears Taehyung mumbling something from the laundry room, he pays no mind.

But then Taehyung came to the laundry room with dark expression. He is mad, Jin knows that.

What now? What did Jin do now to make this man mad at him again?

Jin was about to ask Taehyung about what happened when Taehyung harshly grabs his hand, dragging him to the living room.

"Give me back my thing before I file a police report for real" Taehyung says.

Jin frowns not understanding a thing Taehyung said to him.

"Huh?" Jin looks at him, clueless of what is happening.

"Give me my necklace back" Taehyung presses him.

Oh, that necklace. It must be the ruby red necklace he saw before. But Jin didn't take it though?

"I didn't take it-" Jin replies.

"If you think about lying to me, think about it once again" Taehyung states, looking straight into Jin's eyes sending shivers to his bones.

"Sir, I swear I didn't take your-" Jin defends himself.

Right at that time Taehyung throw his phone at him and Jin, he barely manages to catch that expensive phone in his hands.

Somehow Jin feels familiar with the situation. Why it feels the same when he was accused of kidnapping the white dog?

Jin kind of get of where this is going to be, either he is going to be reported to the police or Taehyung kicked him out from the house, or maybe both.

Looking at the phone screen, Jin knows Taehyung will not simply let the house unequipped with CCTV especially when he's having trust issue.

Jin watch the footage of him holding the necklace in his hand before he could even watch it until the end, Taehyung snatch his phone away with one hand, waiting for Jin to return his necklace.

"I didn't take it" Jin replies, his voice tone is uneven due to desperation of defending himself for the thing he didn't do.

"Kim Seokjin, give me back my belongings" Taehyung presses his words.

"I swear I didn't take it!" Jin replies, his reply came out too sharp as if he is shouting in fear.

"I will be waiting for you, we will" 

Jin remembers what the little girl signed to him. He needs to proof himself not guilty otherwise Taehyung is going to throw him in the jail for real making him couldn't fulfil his promise to the girl.