25 - Rugged

...

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

...

The next day ahead, Jin didn't expect a phone call from MinAh late at night. He was just finish brushing his teeth to get ready for his bedtime when the phone rings.

He reads the caller before accepting the call. It was a silence on the other side of the phone call.

"Noona?" Jin starts as it's been a whole minute of silence.

"Jin-ah" she says but words got stuck in her throat. Jin knows it's something.

Something surely happened.

"Where are you now noona? Do you need me to come? No, I will come" Jin replies, standing up from his sitting position.

"I-yes" she says.

"I will be right there, wait for me" Jin states as he quickly grabs his pullover hoodie while walking out of the room.

Since Taehyung is sleeping, Jin decided to not bother the employer for a permission to go out. It is late, no one will care.

So Jin quickly walks out of the house to the nearest bus stop. He knows the transportation schedule and there's probably no bus available anymore as it is way past the time for the schedule unless there's the delay on that. A really long delay.

Cliche isn't it? There's a bus stopped there. Jin didn't waste time, he quickly ride the bus to the nearest train station.

He will need to get his own driving license. Using public transportation in time like this is the pain in the ass. To reach where MinAh is, it took almost an hour.

Jin rushed to search at the train station he hoped off for the sister. She should be here. Jin did say to MinAh to wait for him at this train station.

And there she is, sitting at the bench outside the train station looking at the moving cars late at night.

"Noona-" Jin rushes as he hugs her.

He did expect for her to cry and she did exactly the same thing as what he thought but that doesn't meant Jin will not feel anything.

"I lost another one...two actually" MinAh says in her small voice.

Jin's heart broke hearing the words and the voice. MinAh is always a strong, bold and fierce woman but when a moment like this come, it makes Jin realised that MinAh too like him and everyone else has feelings.

"I need to drink" the woman says again.

Jin nods at her understanding. He walks with her to the nearest food stall there that serves what they want.

Things like this only happened thrice. Usually when the same situation happens, MinAh would hold on for more but when things gets out of her hands, she needs her brother.

Jin looks at her, observing how many times she's been drinking. He of course didn't drink any. He will need to send her home to her parents house after this. Of course he needs to be sober.

But that is not the only exception why he didn't drink. Jin basically can't drink. Not that he care much about that.

"It wasn't one but two-" she chokes on her cry.

Jin looks at her without saying anything. She is drunk, Jin knows that. She needs to let it out.

"She was pregnant. She holds my hands a week before telling me and my team thank you for treating her. But now, a week later s-she..." MinAh adds.