In My Head

Bold means speech

Bold italics means authors note

Italics means thoughts

Underlined italics means others thoughts

What is happening to me?

     I woke up and it seemed like it was the next day, I looked around and I realized I was in Ash's room. I sighed and sat up, I felt dizzy. I heard someone get up and I turned to see who it was. My grandma stood up and put her arm over my chest signaling to lay back down. She looked really stressed out, I looked at her and it seemed like she's been crying.

     I sighed and asked, "What's wrong with me now?". She looked at me and I saw a tear run down her cheek. She said, "You're losing your powers". I whipped my head around and said, "What do you mean I'm losing my powers!". My grandma continued, "Your powers are connected to Abaddon's when you shook hands that meant your powers are useless. This also means that your life is useless in the eyes of the god's, you're gonna die".

      Ash walked in, it looked like he just finished sobbing. I looked back at my grandma and said, "Well how do I get my power back?!". My grandma said, "Avery has to die". I looked at her and said, "I won't do it, he's innocent!". My grandma raised an eyebrow and said, "He wasn't innocent when he kidnapped you, when he tried to kill Jay, or when he attempted to kill Ash".

     I furrowed my brows and said, "You were all for not killing Avery like three days ago! I'm not going to kill him; he deserves a chance". Ash said, "How do we know this wasn't part of his plan?". I said, "Well isn't Avery dying too, were connected right?". My grandma shook her head and said, "No, it will only work if you or himself, which I doubt, kill him". Ash was just looking at me, how do I live life without powers? My grandma said, "The more you use your powers the more they start to fade unless you, kill Abaddon".

     I shook my head and said, "I have to go". Ash watched me walk out and said, "You need to rest! Where are you going?". I ignored him and continued to keep walking until I got to the backyard. I sat on a bench and stared at the sky. What if there right, I could just let Avery live but, at the cost of my life? I'm not even sure he's a good person yet.

     At the end of the day a human's instinct is survival, will I do what I must do to live, or will I sacrifice myself for someone I'm not sure deserves it? I need to think about this, my life or his. I'm so confused, I should know this answer, I should be selfish but, Avery has so much to learn and he's finally on his self-growing journey that, I couldn't take his life away like that. I felt my pocket vibrate, I pulled it out and saw the coincidence on my phone. I said, "hello?". Avery replied, "Yeah, you thinking about me?".

     I laughed and said, "So your but cheek clinched too!". Avery started laughing and said, "Okay but what's going on?". I smiled and said, "I have a hypothetical question". Avery said, "Go on?". I said, "What if you had a friend, this friend betrayed you but recently decided to grow as a person. But you must put your life on the line to help that person grow. Also, you don't know if that person means it. Would you, do it?".

     Avery said suspiciously, "What are you asking me?". I felt the eyebrow raise from here, I sighed and said, "Would you die for that person's self-growth even though you don't know if they can go through with it?". Avery said, "Old me would say, heck no but, I really don't know. Depends on the person". I sighed and said, "That doesn't help at all".

     Avery laughed and said, "What do you even need to know the answer for?". I sighed and said, "It's a bzzt feed quiz". I lied, Avery said, "For what?". I sighed and said, "It's supposed to tell me what kind of thinker I am and how high my morality is". Avery said, "Ooh send it to me!".

     I said, "I don't know how". Avery said, "Okay so what's it called?". I sighed and said, "I don't know, it doesn't say". Avery said, "Aww man I kind of wanted to try it, anyways I'll talk to you later. I gotta go to the store, I'm glad you believed in me".

     We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I'm stuck, I have no idea how to get out this situation. I looked at my reflection in the home screen and got up. I walked back into the house and sat on the couch. I called and Suber and walked back upstairs, I said, "Grandma, I called a Suber, they'll be here in fifteen minutes, Ash I'm going home".

     I sighed and walked back into the living room, my grandma walked downstairs and said, "You alright?". I said, "What if I kill him and he reincarnates?". My grandma shook her head and said, "If you kill him, he dies forever, if Avery kills himself, he'll die forever". I put my hands in my face and shook it, this sucks. The Suber arrived and I walked into the ride.

     I gave him the location and he looked dumfounded when he saw the price. He drove silently and my grandma looked like she was in heavy thought.

Asher's POV

     I heard the door close, and my face immediately turned back to its rage. I dialed Avery's number and said, "YOU'RE GOING TO GET HER KILLED. SINCE YOU WON'T DIE NOW, SHE WILL". Avery said, "What are you talking about?".

Oh snap angry Ash, we rarely see him