The Break up

Bold means speech

Bold italics means authors note

Italics means thoughts

Underlined italics means others thoughts

I want some Babybell cheese right now just one problem though

I'm lactose intolerant so..😗✌️

She had tissues and some cake from Freddie's birthday party ready to go.

I looked at her and asked, "How'd you know?". She sighed and said, "Woman's intuition and also, Ash called me". I smiled sadly and said, "How is he?". She sighed and said, "Babes he was a mess, but I think you guys needed it. You were kind of out of sync, you either spent too much time with each other or not enough. You guys barely saw each other the past three months".

I nodded my head and picked at the cake sadly. Niko turned on the television and texted someone. I said, "You know what the worst part is?". She sat back down on the bed and said, "What?". I sighed and said, "I ran out of my stash of sunflower seeds".

She laughed and playfully hit me, she texted again, and we sat there watching television for a good thirty minutes. I heard another knock on the door and Farrah walked in. I opened my mouth as I saw what was in her hands, snacks, and bags of sunflower seeds. I pounced and grabbed the bags swiftly, I ripped it open and began my quest in eating the sunflower seeds. I got comfortable in my covers, and we watched television in silence. We occasionally made jokes but, it was mostly comfortable silence.

Asher's POV

How could she just leave me like that when I need her the most. She can't do that to me, this is making me angry. I stomped into my room after a three-hour drive and heard a knock on my door. "Come in!", I said it with a little anger in my throat. My mom walked in and sat down next to me.

She said, "What's wrong?". I sighed and said, "Adda wants to 'take a break'. Today we were in danger, and it made me realize how much I love her, how much I didn't want to lose her. I told her to not fight like that again and she refused, she said she's doing it for the people she cares about but, mom she could've died I could've lost her today. With this and Grandma having that surgery, I-".

My mom cut me off and said, "Stop using your grandmother as an excuse to get angry, she is going to be fine. Also, you said Adda was doing it for the people she cares about, son? Who do you think she cares about? She's doing it for you. I get she could've died but, I bet she's willing to risk that for someone she is in love with. Think about that, once you have, talk to her about it". She walked out of the room, and I plopped on my bed. I miss her even though we aren't even really broken up, I miss everything about her.

Adalyn's POV

Niko and Farrah got tired and made sure I was okay before leaving me, I heard a knock on the door, and it was my grandparents. I heard small whispers, but it was hard to make out what was happening. I heard footsteps coming up the door and my grandpa knocked on my bedroom door. I opened it and he widened his arms so I could hug him. He said, "What's going on kid?".

He let go and sat on my couch, I sighed and said "Ash and I are taking a break. He thinks I don't care about the danger I put myself in when I was fighting Avery". He nodded signaling he was listening, I continued, "Grampa I'm doing this because I care about him so much, I care about our citizens so much that I can't risk that. I'm doing what I must, even though there is no certainty I will survive, I still must do it. It's my destiny".

My grandpa sighed and said, "What is a destiny?". I replied with, "Something that will happen to a specific person in the future". He nodded and thought for a moment, "Did anything in that sentence say that you have to fulfill your destiny? No. You don't have to and honestly since it never said you were going to die; we can't necessarily say you will live either". I looked at him confused and he continued, "Look, what I'm trying to say is, you don't have to be so cocky, I get you have powers but, you could die. Nobody including Ash wants that to happen. Some people who are more logical get that like Niko but for Ash, he acts on emotion and that's were you two differ. You must think about how that person might feel and he must do the same. Sometime destiny doesn't work out. Ash fears losing you, I do too, we all do but, we are letting you do this because you feel like you must. It never said who had to lock up Avery it just said someone will. So, this person may not even be you, we just used inference to say that someone who has the same powers as him may cross paths".

I sighed and he took my shoulder and said, "You are in a relationship, you have to take account of both of your thinking, logic, pain, love, and emotions. If you don't then, it won't work out". He got up and walked out of the room. I plopped down on my bed and looked at my phone hoping he would text me. It was nine o clock, so it was almost time for sleep.

I got up and went to change into pajamas. I wasn't feeling good, not because I was sick but because I feel like I've lost my other half. I lied in my bed and fell asleep, I woke up from a nightmare, Gene, Carm, why are you leaving me why do you have to leave me. No Avery don't do it. No, you killed everyone, ASH WAKE UP NOOOO. The same nightmare I had the first night I spent in the Warehouse. I didn't see the person doing it, I didn't even see Genie and Carmen. I opened my eyes; I was blinking back to sleep, but I didn't want to have that nightmare again.

Be honest would you believe I'm fourteen with this wisdom I'm spreading well by the time your reading I'll be fifteen and up but nobody cares anywho be happy or else🔫😀