The Real Story

Bold means speech

Bold italics means authors note

Italics means thoughts

Underlined italics means others thoughts

⚠️This chapter sucks⚠️

"He did everything for that girl, she got that plague that was going around".

Avery's POV

Date: 2,000 years ago

Place: The Dara tribe

You're still here... I warned you

Aw man my fingers are turning black; I got the plague. My door kicked in; it was Simon again. I rolled my eyes and Simon said, "Ayo Abaddon, you got that Dracula-inator". I laughed sickly and said, "Yeah, speaking of Dracula, how's he been. He can't drink nothing because everybody sick".

He said, "I don't know, he probably sick too, he got that die area everybody talking about". I looked at him and said, "Homie, you mean diarrhea? Simon what is die area!?".  I laughed and Simon continued, "Oh, well good news if you die, you can rename yourself to Avery like you always wanted to". I smiled and said, "Always the positive with you". I am very annoyed at his positivity like, bro I'm dying and you talking about changing my name.

My wife walked in with a bucket of water; she was sick too but still working hard. I love her but, I don't feel an actual attraction to her. I think it's the plague messing with my head. She put the bucket down and said, "Honey I'll get your water to you in a second, hey Simon". Simon clearly had a crush on my wife, and she did too, I was okay with it because I didn't really feel that way about her.

As long as she didn't betray me, as long as she doesn't leave me for him. She couldn't have kids so her parents forced us to marry because my parents were worried I would never find love. She felt more like a friend then anything else. I just didn't want her to end up with Simon, I don't like Simon. Luna turned around and got some cups and scooped water out the bucket handing it to the three of us.

Simon smiled and spoke, "So, Luna you have the plague also?". She nodded, why does he sound more sincere then when he asked me? I looked up and saw a light coming from out of the window, it was bright too. I sighed and said, "Hey Simon, wanna check that out?". Simon turned around and said, "Yeah sure let's go". I struggled and got up, we walked out the house and I waved to my wife.

She smiled and we walked out. There was this beautiful goddess outside and she seemed to be observing the scenery. The goddess said, "I can hear your thoughts young man; I would love to help you with your friend". My eyes widened and I said, "You can help me get rid of the plague?". The goddess said, "Yes, tell me what your reason is".

I looked down and said, "for my wife, she is getting sicker by the second but still wants to take care of me. She is a wonderful woman, and I don't want her to die". The goddess looked at Simon and smiled, Simon looked like he was die area-ing himself ( 😏 I really cracked myself up with that one) "What about you? handsome man". He smiled and said, "I want to save my friends and the people". The goddess seemed to like his answer more than mine.

The goddess said, "all you have to do is, find these three herbs. If you can gather all of them by sunrise, you're the chosen one. I'll even give you a prize for saving the world". I sighed and said, "I'm not in it for the prize, I want to save my wife". The goddess smiled and patted my head, she said, "It sounds like you just want someone to take care of you".

I side eyed her and changed the subject, "What are these three herbs you speak of?". She smiled and said, "Echinacea, Fever few, and gingko. They grow in the dragon's cave, if you make it out alive and come back, you're the chosen one. Now go off sis". I sighed and went off on this long journey, I ran trying to finish this as soon as possible.

Adalyn's POV

"Basically, she thought I was selfish and gave powers to the people she deemed worthy which was my wife, Ash's ancestor and Simon, your ancestor". I looked at Ash and he was staring at his hands, Avery took notice. Avery continued, "Your power just makes Adda stronger you don't have real powers, but she did bless Luna for the next life to be rich. Apparently, you two are meant for each other, you're supposed to be in each other's lives". I was shocked that the story we were told wasn't true, Ash was just shocked.

I said, "So did they ever get together?". Avery sighed and said, "That's the thing, since they favored you two so much, they knew you guys couldn't be together so they made sure you could in your next life". The only thing Ash could say is, "So we were together in our last life". He directed that toward Avery and he just laughed. He said, "Calm down, you aren't her but, I was still hurt when you tried to fight me at the mall. You were my Luna, my friend but that was my wakeup call that you guys weren't my friends anymore".

He seemed sad, that was the realest I've ever seen him, but he played it off and said, "Ha well, are you going to help me now that you know the real story?". Ash looked repulsed and said, "No, you killed people with your experiments, you tried to kill my grandma, you broke mamma Laura's wall, and she's still mad about that, you tried to kill me, you tried to kill Adda but, never have you tried to kill Farrah, why?". Avery turned his head and said, "Because, she has a special place in my heart". Ash looked at me and said, "For what?". I asked, "Did she say something?".

Avery said, "No, I will tell you everything else, but I won't tell you that". I furrowed my brows puzzled and said, "What? Why?". Avery shook his head and said, "I'm not very honest, trustworthy, loyal, or nice but, this is something she has to tell you on her own". wonder what it is.

Have you guys clearly guessed what Farrah is hiding? I'm genuinely curious to see the theories that you came up with or, which one of them is right...

Why are you still reading this, wow you're a real one for reading this and then gasing me up in the comments... GAS ME UP IN THE COMMENTS🙂