Stories

Bold means speech

Bold italics means authors note

Italics means thoughts

Underlined italics means others thoughts

"No child, just let me finish the story".

My grandma sighed and said, "Long ago, Avery had a friend. This friend was our first ancestor, one day a god came down to them with a quest".

The Ancestor's POV

Date: 2,000 years ago

Place: The Dara tribe

     I was going to visit Abaddon to see if he was still alive, this plague that was going around was really wiping us out. I knocked on the door and saw it, Abaddon's fingers were black, the first symptom of the plague. I said, "Ayo Abaddon, you got that Dracula-inator". He laughed sickly and said, "Yeah, speaking of Dracula, how's he been. He can't drink nothing because everybody sick".

     I said, "I don't know he probably sick too, he got that die area everybody talking about". Abaddon looked at me and said, "Homie, you mean diarrhea? Simon what is die area!?". We both laughed and I said, "Oh, well good news if you die, you can rename yourself to Avery like you always wanted to". Abaddon smiled and said, "Always the positive with you". I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck; I saw this bright light coming from outside and wanted to check it out.

     I said, "He bad, I'll be right back". He nodded and I left the hut, I walked outside and saw this beautiful god. I walked up to her, and she turned around. The goddess said, "I can hear your thoughts young man; I would love to help you with your friend". My eyes widened and I said, "You can help me get rid of the plague?".

     The goddess said, "Yes all you have to do is, find these three herbs. If you can gather all of them by sunrise, you're the chosen one. I'll even give you a prize for saving the world". I sighed and said, "I'm not in it for the prize, I want to save my friends". The goddess smiled and patted my head, she said, "Already sounding heroic".

     I nodded in a dedicated demeanor and said, "What are these three herbs you speak of?". She smiled and said, "Echinacea, Fever few, and gingko. They grow in the dragon's cave, if you make it out alive and come back, you're the chosen one. Now go off sis". I sighed and went off on this long journey, I ran trying to finish this as soon as possible.

     I already know where the cave is. I remembered the stories my friends told us about the cave, and how we should never go. How crazy is it that I'm going? I found the cave and tried not to wake the dragon, he looked super scary but, I'm a man I don't get scared. I'm lying so hard right now, I almost peed myself. I ripped out the Echinacea, but the dragon woke up like he almost felt it.

     The dragon roared and looked at me fiercely. I started shaking but I didn't move, I needed to stay and help my friends no matter what. I started to move over to grab the Fever few, but the dragon blocked it. He tilted his head and dove down. Oh, crap I'm going to die.

     The dragon sniffed me then started rubbing itself on me. I reluctantly pet it and it breathed out, almost like it's been stressed. I walked over and ripped out the Fever few and the dragon whimpered. I said, "Does that hurt buddy? I'm sorry but I have to save my friends". He whined and looked away, I ripped out the gingko and roared in pain.

     I said, "All done okay, no more I promise". The dragon laid down and I said, "Could you by any chance fly me back to my village?". The dragon rolled his eyes and I said, "uh, who you rolling your eyes at?". The dragon tilted his head signaling get on. We rode all the way back to the village, I saw the god standing there patiently, she was touching the flowers.

     I said, "I'm back ma'am". She grabbed the herbs and turned it into a liquid. The goddess said, "Put this in the water supply". I did as told and she said, "Your prize, I'll give you the power to hear one's thoughts like me. This power will be passed from generation to generation. One day someone will betray you over jealousy and you will be in a century war. You must make sure to bare the child, the prophet".

     I nodded as I thought, what is my life to her? a movie. I nodded with a smile, and she placed her hand on my head. Her hand started to glow, and she finished. She asked, "How do you feel?". I shrugged and said, "I feel the same- carrots, ginger, squash, water".

      Her eyes widened and I said, "Miss ma'am did I just hear your shopping list". She smiled and said, "Gotta go now bye". She descended faster than lightening back to the sky and I started pouring water into bowls. I went to everyone's house in my village, we are the first and only humans, if we die then everything dies too. I gave them all the water, and they all felt a little better every day.

     Abaddon would act weirdly and say slick stuff to me. Abaddon said, "Why'd you get powers when I was the one who was sick?". I sighed and ignored it if he wants me to go off I could. I looked at him and said, "Look man, I don't make the rules". Abaddon sighed and said, "Whatever, now you think you're special, 'you're the chosen one' now. It's annoying, stop being so obsessed with yourself".

     Is this it, is he the one who betrays me, I knew the homie Dracula would never do that. He a ride or die but, Abaddon has been my day one. I sighed and said, "I just did what I had to do to save you". He rolled his eyes and told me to get out. I left and I never heard from him again.

Honestly ya'll I pulled this out of my 🍑 I used the last braincell I had on this story, I don't even know what to say to this story, well see you when see you.

Also yes the Dara family just casually knows Dracula 💆‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️