Set Up

Bold means speech

Bold italics means authors note

Italics means thoughts

Underlined italics means others thoughts

He was waving his hand in my face

     I smiled at his contagious smile and said "Huh?". He chortled and said, "Did you already eat or, were you just daydreaming about the Zuppa?". I laughed and got up to go get some soup. We ended up watching a lot of old movies and falling asleep on the couches. I woke up to a phone call at seven "Where was my good morning text heffa?".

     I laughed yawning, I scratched and walked up stairs to my room. I said, "Sunflower, I just woke up, you're not usually up this early anyway". Adda sighed and said, "that's because I schedule my training two hours earlier so I can meet my grandparents and throw a party for Freddie's Birthday". I looked into my bathroom mirror shocked and said "Wha? You have a busy schedule, when is the party?". I heard her pull the phone from her ear and I guess put me on speaker.

     "Four", She walked away from her phone, and I said, "I'll be there, I just have to kick my friends out". She laughed from another area of the room, and I started to brush my teeth. "Babe, I wanted to communicate with you about something". I laughed at the way she said it with the toothbrush in my mouth and I said "Wha Sunny". She sighed and said, "Well in person, I feel like we need to talk but, not like those talks where we break up just a talk so we're on the same page but I'm busy today and if you're not busy we can talk tomorrow".

     I nodded and realized we weren't on facetime and busted out laughing. "Why are you laughing?". She said with a small laugh of her own, "Because I realized how dumb I am, I nodded when you can't even see me". Adda started busting out laughing then suddenly I heard the phone start to make a weird ring sound like when you call yourself and your other phone is right next to you. Then I heard a sploosh sound and her walking.

     "Am I still on speaker phone?". I asked she said, "No why?". I sighed calmly and shouted enough not to wake anyone "Holy crap babe! did you just teleport while we were on the phone? Did I just technically teleport online?". Adda giggled to herself and said, "Yeah, I guess you did?". I smiled as I listened to her laugh, it was so adorable.

     I smiled to myself until I heard someone knock on the door. I opened it to find a tired August, he looked up at me yawning and said "You gotta spare toothbrush I can use?". I nodded and pulled one from out my cabinets I handed it to him, and he smiled gratefully. He left the bathroom and went to one of the guest bathrooms, somewhere in this house. Adda continued and said, "Okay well I have to actually start training, Boss, Blue, Freddie said Hey".

     I continued, "Tell them I said hi back, and I'll see you soon love you bye". She replied, "I love you too, and I will bye". I hung up and continued my day.

Adalyn's POV

     I walked into the Warehouse and walked to the training room, I sat on the ground and waited for Blue to walk in for training. I got up and put my bookbag on the bench and sat on it. I pulled out my phone to talk to some fans in my DM's and reply to missed texts that I forgot to answer. I looked up to see Blue walking in and motioning for me to stand up. I smiled and stood up we began with hyping my pain tolerance, and stamina.

     Then eventually we moved onto combat training, once we finished, I checked the time and my phone read, January 3, 2021, 9:46 am. I took a shower and dressed in a different outfit. I went downstairs and saw Freddie with his usual blank expression eating a burrito. He turned around and said, "How was training with my sister?". I smiled and said "Good but, can you come over by five I want to talk to you about something oh and uh, happy birthday. You doing anything?".

     He sighed and said "No, I like to view birthdays as being one year closer to death". I laughed but he had the same straight face, he sighed and nodded while shooing me away. I walked out and texted Peter to show up, I did the same to Boss and Blue and they texted back they would. I teleported to my house and saw my grandma in the kitchen looking for a snack in the pantry. I smiled and said, "Hey grandma".

     She turned around shocked and said, "What the- child you almost gave me a heart attack". I tilted my head and said, "Didn't you hear the sploosh noise?". My grandma blinked and said, "I'm old, I couldn't hear a nuclear explosion if it was right next to me!". I said, "Well if it was next to you, I would be surprised if you could still think you would be obliterated and most like mutated". She looked at me with a bored expression and sighed going back to the pantry to look for something.

     I looked around and saw cabinets opened and I asked concerned "Grandma are you hungry? I can ask Farrah to come and make something, like a snack". She turned around and said, "Yes please, I'm dying here!". I laughed and texted Farrah, I wasn't hungry, so I just went to the third floor to get some stuff from storage to decorate. I unconsciously walked into my old nursery room and saw all the stuff I used to have, seeing it now knowing what I know felt different. There is still a bunch of secrets that I don't know about, and I can't wait to discover them so this chapter of my life can get on with itself.

     I want a family I want a relationship where we don't worry about when I'm going to die. I want a friendship where I don't have to worry about being cautious. I sat there in my own thoughts until I shook myself out of it and continued looking for what I needed. A birthday banner and balloons. I called Niko since I'm in a different wing and she said "Hel-lo".

     She giggled in between her words, and I pondered on what she was doing. I said, "You know it's Fre's birthday so we're going to throw a party but, I need help decorating because, Farrah is making food for my hangry grandmother". I heard her sigh and say, "Yeah sure but, James is here so...". She trailed off and I got the warning "Ok I'm guessing you still haven't". We spoke in code as I said, "About my science experiment in the basement". She said, "Yeah I just don't want to see a FREAK OUT when I show him".

     I chuckled at our ridiculous cover up as I heard James's question what we were talking about. We ended up hanging up the phone and I did something. Grandma, Niko's boyfriend James is here, and he doesn't know about our powers so don't do anything crazy. I knew she got the message and walked down the stairs in a bored manner. I waddled into the living room and started to decorate the living room.

     I saw Niko walk in with her hands in her sweatpants pockets and said, "I'm here, whatchu' need help with?". I nodded toward the banner, and she help hold it up. James wandered into the kitchen. Once we got the banner up everything else was a piece of pie. Farrah made a cake and let it chill, and Ash texted me.

Bo❤️‍🔥

Is it okay if I bring Auggie and Ace they want to see you🥺

Adda

Yeah, sure I don't care I want to meet them in person😌💅

Bo❤️‍🔥

Okay great I'll be there in three hours then😗✌️

Adda

🥰